Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I caught my husband in a lie!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

And I am not sure what to do about it. Today he told me he took off work because he had a doctors appointment. Today is also Anzac day. I didn't put two and two together that he wouldnt have to take the day off (because he already had it off). I was a little confused. I texted him to ask him what he was doing. He said he was on his way to the doctors. 

I started feeling weird about the whole thing. Like he usually wants me to go to his doctors appointments with him. He has asked me to take the day off just to go with him. This time he said nothing and when asked just avoided it. 

I didnt think the doctors office would even be open today and sure enough it isnt. I know he is lying to me

Part of me wants to just smack him for lying but I never would. Part of me wants to flat out ask him what he was doing but if he is lying already I cant trust his answer. The other part of me wants to fucking hire a PI or something to figure out what is going on or do it myself. 

What would you do? I just need to think things through. He isnt supposed to be back for another few hours. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:28 PM
He's cheating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Is there a birthday or something coming up? Maybe he's arranging a surprise. If not, ask the mf what the deal is. I'd be pretty pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:30 PM

That is my first thought also but I have no proof or anything 

Quoting Anonymous 2: He's cheating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:31 PM
I'd probably turn his phone tracking on, but my dh and I are on all accounts together...I don't know your situation.

Something certainly seems off, that's obvious. Any important holidays coming soon?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:32 PM

No there is nothing. I'm just worried that I will ask and he will lie and then get even more sneaky 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Is there a birthday or something coming up? Maybe he's arranging a surprise. If not, ask the mf what the deal is. I'd be pretty pissed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:33 PM

I think his location is off because I cant see his location on anything 

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'd probably turn his phone tracking on, but my dh and I are on all accounts together...I don't know your situation. Something certainly seems off, that's obvious. Any important holidays coming soon?

redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:33 PM
11 moms liked this

I know a lot of moms disagree with me but I wouldnt say a word. If I ever felt my dh was being dishonest or cheating I would pretend everything was normal and fine. And then I would investigate the crap out of him until I figured out what was going on. Confronting him will accomplish absolutely nothing. Because he is either totally innocent or totally guilty. If he is innocent, then confronting him will just make him upset putting a strain on your relationship. If he is guilty, he will become twice and sneaky and make it harder for you to catch him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

See this is what I am leaning towards. Like part of me wants to be like WTF are you doing!?! but I doubt I would get answers. I want to know what is going on. If he is cheating I want to know for sure 

Quoting redheadtmk:

I know a lot of moms disagree with me but I wouldnt say a word. If I ever felt my dh was being dishonest or cheating I would pretend everything was normal and fine. And then I would investigate the crap out of him until I figured out what was going on. Confronting him will accomplish absolutely nothing. Because he is either totally innocent or totally guilty. If he is innocent, then confronting him will just make him upset putting a strain on your relationship. If he is guilty, he will become twice and sneaky and make it harder for you to catch him.

ilovemykids323
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:35 PM

what is Anzac day?

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Sorry but I have no clue as to what you are talking about....

1) What is Anzac Day?

2) Why would anyone   have off from work for Anzac Day?

3) Why is the doctor's office closed today? Do they take off for Anzac Day too?

4)  How do you know he was going to Dr. Whosey Whats  that you think he should have been going to today? Maybe it was a different type doctor or something else  or are all doctors and all other offices  in your area closed for this Anzac Day?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)