Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hmm.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I've been married for about four years now. Before meeting my DH, I had a long term bf I dated in high school until we were 20. I have always gotten along well with his family. When we broke up, it was amicably. His mom or dad would occassionaly reach out in the years that followed, and we'd chat about this or that. Nothing serious.

Once I got married, I never thought twice about the communication. It seemed natural to me to kindly keep a distance, as I had fully moved on. Their son met and married his current wife a few months after I got married. We hadn't spoken in years, but I heard about it through mutual friends.

I don't use social media often, and decided to log into my Facebook to scroll through the newsfeed. Much to my surprise, I had a message waiting from my ex's father that was sent about a month ago, asking how I was, congratulating me on my marriage and child, etc. Very kind, but very weird as it's been, well, years. My ex and his wife have a child of their own now too. I'm just going to ignore it, but I wonder if there was any motive other than just being friendly.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2017 at 1:25 AM

What kind of motives were you considering?

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like he was just being friendly. Just because you and his son broke up doesn't mean him and his family stopped caring or thinking of you.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 1:28 AM

You kinda started it by maintaining a relationship with your ex's parents after the breakup.  He probably just found you on facebook, is all.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 25, 2017 at 1:29 AM
Are you interested?
engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 1:34 AM
I see no harm in messaging him back
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)