Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird Question But Bear With Me

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 2:28 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm planning to go to a convention in a couple of weeks and one of the costumes I am going to use is the Wicked Witch of the West. I have some cheap party city green makeup but I would really like something better that isn't quite so messy, if anyone has any suggestions. 

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for how to make wings for my stuffed monkey, that would be appreciated as well. I made wings for him last time out of foam, paint, and pipe cleaners to hold them up. They wings looked great but the pipe cleaners looked bad. Someone suggested spraying the foam with spray starch to make them stand up better. I may also put some velcro on him so that I don't have to carry him all day. Last time, I had a hole in my pocket so I just tucked his hand into the hole. 

Yes I am a weirdo and I like dressing up and going to conventions, lol. I'm planning to dress as the Wicked Witch, Umbreon (from Pokemon), Gatomon (from Digimon), and a team skull grunt (also Pokemon). I'm trying to get the costumes together last minute. It's frustrating. My sewing skills are minimum and I don't have time to either figure it out or buy stuff online and wait for it to arrive. 

by on May. 16, 2017 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tsatske2
by Latricia on May. 16, 2017 at 2:33 AM

When my kids were little, for Halloween, I would buy the cheap makeup, then mix it into noxema for them to wear. It spread the color out so it didn't look so cakey. It sparkled just a little. and it was super easy to clean off. 

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:34 AM
I'm not 100% clear how the monkey looks, but here's an idea to stiffen the wings AND attach them. I got these things at Home Depot. They're thick re-usable twist-tie type things that can be bent any way you like and are stiff enough to hold their shape, They come in several kengths from a few inches to 24". They're rubberized, so sort of non-slip.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize-12-in-Rubber-Reusable-Twist-Tie-in-Black-2-Pack-GT12-2PK-01/203210641

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:42 AM
If you like tgeee kinds of things I'd invest in some quality stage make up to start.

And maybe less costume changes so you can focus on a really good outfit.

No suggestions for the money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)