Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She calls me Harambe

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I just made a late night run to the store, couldn't sleep and I have this terrible cough that will not go away!!
So I'm walking around And 2 workers are talking to another person who works at a different location. One worker is black the other is white. They are discussing how there is a new employee who needs thicker skin and how she "won't last" the black girl says quite happily "yea she calls me harambe" then laughs then the white girl says yes I do and it's funny when people look at us crazy. If I had to guess they are between 18-21.
On one hand I am happy they can joke and be friendly but the way they are going about it is wrong. Then the employee they were referring to that needs to toughen up worries me in the sense that if it were my kid and they were subjected to that I'd livid. Wwyd
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 2:53 AM

Did the girl look like Harambe? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 2:55 AM
No??

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Did the girl look like Harambe? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:04 AM
Since when is 18-20 a kid that needs their mommy to step in when they are faced with real-world situations? If they can joke around like that with each other and not be offended you should just mind your own business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 3:09 AM
My business was minded I didn't say anything to them other then thanks have a good night. Also Idk how old the new employee was, they weren't there. They were talking about how the new person needs thicker skin.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Since when is 18-20 a kid that needs their mommy to step in when they are faced with real-world situations? If they can joke around like that with each other and not be offended you should just mind your own business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:23 AM
Oh FFS shut the hell up and myob. You have no idea what the issue is. The new employee may have a helicopter mom like you who refuses to allow her children to grow up and handle their own business and sticks her nose where it doesn't belong.
Just get what you came for and go home.
Sunkissed82
by on May. 16, 2017 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
That black girl is a fucking moron. Call me Harambe and you're getting cursed out.
Noneya73
by on May. 16, 2017 at 4:33 AM
I had to Google it because I didn't know who they were talking about. The new employee sounds like an ass.

Quoting Sunkissed82: That black girl is a fucking moron. Call me Harambe and you're getting cursed out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 5:05 AM
Ok I don't think I was clear enough, I'm so sorry. The new employee was not there, they were discussing the new employee and I guess to prove how tough it is to work there she said "well she calls me harmabe"

Quoting Noneya73: I had to Google it because I didn't know who they were talking about. The new employee sounds like an ass.

Quoting Sunkissed82: That black girl is a fucking moron. Call me Harambe and you're getting cursed out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 5:07 AM
Yes!! I agree, I'm very annoyed by the conversation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 5:08 AM
I did mind my business!! I didn't say a word to them about their ridiculous conversation

Quoting Anonymous 5: Oh FFS shut the hell up and myob. You have no idea what the issue is. The new employee may have a helicopter mom like you who refuses to allow her children to grow up and handle their own business and sticks her nose where it doesn't belong.
Just get what you came for and go home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)