Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm depressed and pretty sure I'm not

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Going to be able to bounce back. I've had so many people telling me what to do, I don't even know what I want anymore. I can't even make up my mind anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illneverbeold
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Have you talked to your doctor about it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM
How long gave you felt this way? Are you in therapy or taking medication?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Need more info
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 8:28 AM
Over three years, off and on. I tried therapy but he couldn't even bother to remember my name.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How long gave you felt this way? Are you in therapy or taking medication?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:32 AM
I am sorry this happened to you as I am a therapist treating children and adolescents and I know that there are so many really caring and professional therapists out there. Could you speak to your primary care provider about your symptoms to see if they could provide you with support and recommendations. Many will prescribe antidepressants although not all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Over three years, off and on. I tried therapy but he couldn't even bother to remember my name.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How long gave you felt this way? Are you in therapy or taking medication?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 8:34 AM
Thank you, but I'm pretty sure I'm done trying. There's no way I can fix my life at this point.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am sorry this happened to you as I am a therapist treating children and adolescents and I know that there are so many really caring and professional therapists out there. Could you speak to your primary care provider about your symptoms to see if they could provide you with support and recommendations. Many will prescribe antidepressants although not all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Over three years, off and on. I tried therapy but he couldn't even bother to remember my name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:40 AM
Try going to an exercise class. It really helps to release the good stuff that your brain needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:41 AM
I think any of us can improve rather than fix our life at any point. I am currently working with a 67 year old foster mother who was a victim of physical and emotional abuse as a child. She recognizes that this is contributing to feelings if anxiety so she is changing her life to include better self care and therapy but also she lives dance so began belly dancing. Just for enjoyment and relaxation.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you, but I'm pretty sure I'm done trying. There's no way I can fix my life at this point.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am sorry this happened to you as I am a therapist treating children and adolescents and I know that there are so many really caring and professional therapists out there. Could you speak to your primary care provider about your symptoms to see if they could provide you with support and recommendations. Many will prescribe antidepressants although not all.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 16, 2017 at 8:42 AM
Hugs
KrystaB
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:43 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)