Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long Confusing Trainwreck here!(vent)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Back story:

15 years ago my older sister passed way. Leaving behind a daughter which grandson& grandpa were taking care of.

Things were fine until she turned 12 and turned in to a wild child.
She has gotten into trouble at school over the past few years for everything from fighting to selling condoms and her panties at school.

Things had calmed down a bit until a few weeks ago until. My parents found out she is now 16 snuck out of the house in the middle of the night to smoke pot with a guy.
When she got back home My parents caught her sneaking back in. My mother told her she was grounded and took her cell phone. My neice shoved her to the ground to get it back and my father threw her out of the house.

I picked her up at 3am when it happened and brought her home with me so things could calm down.
My parents refuse to let her move back in.
She will be 17 on Friday and I just found out she is messing around with a 22 year old guy for the past 6 months.
My DH is not happy about her staying with us, She is currently staying on our couch.
I'm not sure what to do or say right now, her mom is gone I want to help.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 8:53 AM
Bump Bump!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:54 AM
Emancipate her?
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:56 AM
You need to respect your husband. 2 yes,1 no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
She wants to act grown and make grown up choices she needs to live with the consequences. I wouldn't be happy about her living with me either.

Yes, her mother died. Yes. It's sad. But it is no way an excuse for her bad behavior. And you seem like part of the problem; enabling her isn't going to help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM
She sounds like a tame version of me except I was doing that kind of thing by 13. She has her reasons, good or bad, and it's not likely anyone will listen anyway. So she just does her thing, right or wrong.
Creekie.
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM

Oh gosh, poor mixed up girl.  She needs help, and sounds like she needed help years ago.  I don't imagine she's going to reform herself here.  Sounds like she will just need to go through her shit and come out on the other side having learned from herself ( I hope)

I don't know if your home is the right place for her though, is that something you want to deal with?  Is that something you are prepared to deal with even?  

shell3m
by Shell on May. 16, 2017 at 9:04 AM
Everything I've tried to write out sounds really bad and mean.
I'm just going to say good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 9:08 AM
I'm not disrespecting my husband.

I'm not sure what you mean

Quoting Talkingheads: You need to respect your husband. 2 yes,1 no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM
She has been in therapy since she was 10.

I'm honestly not sure. But I am her only option right now.

Quoting Creekie.:

Oh gosh, poor mixed up girl.  She needs help, and sounds like she needed help years ago.  I don't imagine she's going to reform herself here.  Sounds like she will just need to go through her shit and come out on the other side having learned from herself ( I hope)

I don't know if your home is the right place for her though, is that something you want to deal with?  Is that something you are prepared to deal with even?  

blessed107
by Diamond Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:11 AM
I wouldn't have picked her up to begin with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)