Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AC or opened windows

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM
  • 45 Replies
I am not a fan of AC. I use it when it is very hot and humid. Otherwise I like to have the windows opened, hear the birds, the trees, and have as much light as possible. I usually open all the windows early in the morning and alternate during the day depending on how the sun is moving (close the windows facing the sun).

I believe that I do this partially because I am a bit claustrophobic and partially because I grew up with no AC so, I know how to "cause" a breeze in my home, plus, I tend to stay inside if the AC Is on (so do the kids and it is very unhealthy).

What do you like?
by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
We dont have AC but luckily I enjoy the open window breezes.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I like having my windows open. When it gets into the 80's a lot of times the AC gets turned on. The humidity gets to be too much and makes it really hot in the house.

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:13 AM

AC, gets way too hot in my house.

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Open windows and doors here till its hot and yucky! lol Like mid summer and its 90's in temps.

2m2t
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:14 AM
I have the same issue: humitity. I can do 90 degrees with no AC when is really dry.

Quoting Raeann11:

I like having my windows open. When it gets into the 80's a lot of times the AC gets turned on. The humidity gets to be too much and makes it really hot in the house.

landresky
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:15 AM
I prefer windows open. I keep it that way until the boys in my house start to complain. Lol.
I.Cant.Even....
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:18 AM
Windows
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:19 AM

In the morning I open windows but when it gets hot, the AC goes on and the windows are closed.  We live in Texas, the summers are hot.  It's hot well into October usually.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:20 AM

I like the ac. I'm scared to leave windows open at night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:20 AM

Definitely, the windows open except when my annoying neighbor is screaming and swearing at her kids lol.  But I try to keep them open during the day.  Hubby hates having them open and closes them when he gets home.  What irritates me is when he closes them and lets the house bake to the point it's so hot I feel like I can't breathe.  We just had this discussion yesterday either leave the windows open for fresh air or turn the ac on for circulation.  It just makes me so uncomfortable.  I open the windows in the morning and he shuts them after three lol. Maybe I should show him the difference in the electric bill and maybe he will get on the right page lol..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)