Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when someone won't call you back?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I have left 2 messages for a photographer about pictures that we are missing from my daughter's dance recital that we ordered. She does not have an email address to message her there. But I saw that she has a FB account but I am not on FB but my husband is so I will have him send her a message soon. 

We have had businesses that we pay for just simply not call us back ever and it gets so frustrating. My husband said if she never calls us back then we will just go to her place of business to ask her about the picture. I just find that absurb that we would possibly need to do that, but I will if I have to. I just want her to call us back!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM
There's nothing you can do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:22 AM
I would post a private message on her fb, then a public one if that didn't work. We always paid a deposit for pictures, then the full price once we had them. Paying in full up front is often a bad idea.
Punky_1981
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:30 AM

I'd go into her place of business and ask her face to face. I don't do anything over the phone if I don't have to. 

KYNMFLGirl
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:33 AM
I'd ask her about it in person if I could. Does she have an office or is just freelance?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:58 AM
There's lots a person can do.

OP: If you paid with check - cancel it at your bank if it hasn't been cashed yet.

If you paid with credit card -cancel payment with your CC company.

Talk to other parents on the team to see if this happened to them. If so, gather together to confront the person. The squeeky wheel gets the grease and if your wheel is huge (the number of people complaining) it'll make a louder squeek.

Go to the place of business in person. If she's not there, wait. Otherwise send a formal letter. Mail it certified directly to the individual and request a return receipt from the post office. This way, the person can not say they never received your letter of inquiry because you have proof as they must personally sign for it.

Lastly, contact your local news station. Did you know lots of news stations now get involved with things like this in order to help citizens get money returned or work out warranty disagreement issues. The companies pay up quick because the news puts them on blast and they suddenly jump through hoops from embarrassment to save their reputation.

Quoting Anonymous 2: There's nothing you can do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)