Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am Incredibly Uncomfortable

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:28 AM
  • 50 Replies

have a prolapsed bladder and bowel.  For those that don't know, that means my internal organs are trying to pus out through my vagina and turn the damned thing totally inside out.  It's a menopause thing, so many of you may get to experience this in the future.

I see the uri-gynecologist on Friday and I'm getting more and more uncomfortable every day.  I can hold it all in with my pelvic floor muscles, which takes some concentration and energy.  But when I move my bowels, that's when it's bad.  This morning it's almost to the point of "I'm crowning" every time I move my bowels.  And god forbid I sneeze or cough while on the toilet.  Then all hell really breaks loose.  And I have wicked allergies.

Theres not much point to this post, other than a little woe is me.  I'd love to hear from anyone who has been through this and come out the other end.  Am I ever going to be able to have sex again?

by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
That's a menopause thing?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
It isn't just a menopausal thing, my cousin had that when she was in her late 20's. She had to have surgery to correct everything.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on May. 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This is on my "con" list of having a hysterectomy. I know not every woman who has a hysterectomy experiences this, but it is a risk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you insert a pessary to help it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM

not a menopause thing.  talk to your obgyn

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

That's not really a "normal" menopause thing. It can happen at any age, especially after having children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess I'm out of the loop because of all the symptoms I've heard women lament about regarding menopause, I've never heard of this being commonly related to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom got a prolapsed uterus when she hit menopause. Apparently after she had her last baby, it never shrunk down to normal size and just kind of "folded" over inside her. Then it tried to come out. She had a hysterectomy.
tiffluv81
by BBW on May. 16, 2017 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

oh noooo. I am so sorry you are dealing with all that mess. How horribly uncomfortable also

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Super-fucking-wonderful, right? Like us women don't have to deal with enough shit. It's like getting one last good kick in the ovaries before getting old and dying. Proof, if there is a God, He is a man. Lol

Quoting Learnedfrommist: That's a menopause thing?!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)