Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not going to give my ex permission for the vacation he wants the kids to go on

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies

My ex told me he was planning a vacation this summer for the kids. Well we sat down to talk about the logistics. He said they were going to Tennessee. That seemed weird so I asked why. 

He said that they would be staying at a lake house. That there were jet skis and a boat and the kids would have a lot of fun. I asked who he would be staying with he said some close family friends. 

Well I found out his "close family friends" are actually his gfs family. Him and his gf have been together for 2 months. There is no way her family is close or even friends with him. I asked him again who he was staying with he said the same thing

I brought up the fact I knew it was his gf. He seemed flustered and that he knew I wouldnt say okay to it. 

He is right. My kids have no business going on a vacation with their fathers new gf who is more or less a stranger to them and staying  with her family that are strangers. If they were together for awhile than sure but this is a new relationship. I havent even met her and the kids have only met her once. 

Plus he lied flat out. 

Him and his exgf took them on vacations before. I had no problem with it but it wasnt after only two months. If the kids feel uncomfortable they will be too far away from home to be able to do anything about it. 

Sorry ex but next time dont lie and give it a bit of time before taking family vacations with a new gf. The kids also dont even want to go. They think it is weird. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM
6 moms liked this
Didn't this just get posted a week ago??? Like word for word??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Not by me

Quoting Anonymous 2: Didn't this just get posted a week ago??? Like word for word??

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this
And definitely last year.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Didn't this just get posted a week ago??? Like word for word??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:46 AM
Why not try meeting her? Have the kids meet her? Sounds like a good time can be had.
How old are the kids? Does the gf have kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
You're stupid. Why should he need your permission to do anything? Because you birthed the kids? BM's like you give the rest of us a bad name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:47 AM

This shit again???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 9:47 AM

I have no problem meeting her. The kids met her once. 

They wont be going this soon to stay with her family. None of us are comfortable with it. 

The kids are 12 and 13

I dont even know if she has kids

Quoting Anonymous 3: Why not try meeting her? Have the kids meet her? Sounds like a good time can be had. How old are the kids? Does the gf have kids?

happyflappy
by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:47 AM
I swear I just read this same story recently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM
Yep. Word for word. Lake house, TN, exact post.
Try again.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Not by me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but the only differences were that it was the dad's wife (not girlfriend) and from her point of view. BM didn't like the idea of her kids going to a lake house belonging to her family with jet skis and SM was here to complain about it on Cafemom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)