Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HIS FAULT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

Dh boss paid him late. He gave him his paycheck as DH was heading out of town to another state South of us. He didn't have/let DH deposit his check at the bank. DH was just able to mail his check to the bank but it hasn't arrived yet. We had enough money in the bank until the 9th of May. DH payday was the 5th of May. We are in the hole. Had he been paid on time we wouldn't be struggeling right now. Should his boss be responsible for our overdraft fees? I can't get food or pay bills because of this. 

IM LIVID!

Who is at fault here? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Your DH needs to work for a company that pays their employees on time-not just when they feel like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Why couldn't he deposit before he left town? Lol no the boss isn't responsible that y'all live paycheck to paycheck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 10:41 AM

You guys are at fault and no his boss is not.  Shouldn't have written checks on money you didn't have in the bank and you wouldn't have overdrafted. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Do you work?

Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:56 AM
Actually its your fault for writing check that you didn't have the money to cover. Its your husbands fault for nit depositing the paycheck before he left.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 10:56 AM

They are automatic payments. Had he been paid on time we wouldn't be in this situation. 

Yes I work. This is putting us in a spot we shouldn't be in. Had he been paid on time we wouldn't be here. DH was tellingme he couldn't go to the post office when he got there because he couldn't take the time off. It was a 30 minute drive to the nearest post office and back. I told him that he has to and if his boss has a problem with it he can fire him. 

His boss already knows I dislike him. I don't want him on our property either. My DH works 55 hrs a week. Im just fed up with this whole deal!

Quoting Anonymous 4:

You guys are at fault and no his boss is not.  Shouldn't have written checks on money you didn't have in the bank and you wouldn't have overdrafted. 

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on May. 16, 2017 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Why doesn't he have direct deposit?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 11:00 AM

The boss isn't at fault for you overdrafting or being unable to pay your bills. He didn't make you spend all your money before you got the late paycheck. He should have paid your husband on time, but that doesn't mean he is responsible for the fact that you are so tight on money that you can't survive four days without another paycheck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 11:00 AM

I'm sorry I don't see how this is OUR problem? 

Not being paid on time and not being allowed to deposit before leaving. 

Its not the first time he has done this. My DH is the last person he pays. He doesn't seem to care. 

miss-karla
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:02 AM
It's bosses fault for paying late. But it's not his fault u have extra fees.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)