Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty Boxes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Do you subscribe to any? And do you feel they are worth it? I'm thinking about maybe birch box or ipsy, but I'm open to suggestions:)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Famousglm714
by Gina on May. 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM

I got Ipsy for over a year and got bored with it. I got a lot of the same stuff and it tended to pile up.  I'm kind of over the whole thing at this point. 

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM
I get ipsy and I like it. For the kinney I get to try thighs I would normally spend now on with less variety. It had good months and off months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM

I subscribe to the Allure box. I just got mine in yesterday and was happy as always with it. I've tried other boxes but for skincare/cosmetics I found the Allure box to be the best.  With every box I usually get 1-2 full size products that cost way more than the box itself cost me. I've received everything from full size lipsticks and mascaras to eye creams.  Also the occasional makeup brush, got a new blending brush in yesterday's box. The blending brush alone retails for $12 and the box cost me $15. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 12:08 PM
I'll look into that one! Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I subscribe to the Allure box. I just got mine in yesterday and was happy as always with it. I've tried other boxes but for skincare/cosmetics I found the Allure box to be the best.  With every box I usually get 1-2 full size products that cost way more than the box itself cost me. I've received everything from full size lipsticks and mascaras to eye creams.  Also the occasional makeup brush, got a new blending brush in yesterday's box. The blending brush alone retails for $12 and the box cost me $15. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM
I do Ipsy and Boxycharm. Boxycharm is the best IMO! It's all full size items!
Jenniy
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:10 PM
I get ipsy and save the makeup to give to dd's friends for birthdays and Christmas. The bags are neat and my youngest son's therapists use them for small things that they use in therapy. His OT loves the bags.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:10 PM
I used to do Birchbox. I liked it. But I have dozens of them stacked up in my closet full of stuff I never used. So I cancelled to save space. Haha! I did discover a few things I really liked and have been buying since then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 12:11 PM
That is why I'm looking into getting some lol, I hate paying a ton for a product only to find it sucks!

Quoting Stephd710: I used to do Birchbox. I liked it. But I have dozens of them stacked up in my closet full of stuff I never used. So I cancelled to save space. Haha! I did discover a few things I really liked and have been buying since then.
Devilish_One
by on May. 16, 2017 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I just cancelled Ipsy, I was tired of getting the same shit every other month. I hated Birchbox, I currently get GlossyBox, and BoxyCharm and love both.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 12:19 PM

I get some of the best stuff from there.

Last month I got a Skin & Co truffle eye cream.  A .17 ounce sample,  a  .5ounce full size product retails for over $60.  They send out pretty high end products.   Check out some unboxing's on Youtube and you'll get a good idea of what types of products you will get. I've gotten stuff from Bvlgari, Cargo, Mac, and so on.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'll look into that one! Thanks.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)