Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm fed up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 185 Replies
My ds is almost 5 and gets onto everything. Paper towels? Unravels ALL of them. A game in a box? rips open the box. Food in the kitchen? Get into it
leaves the appliences wide open!

I'm over it. I'm going to lose my shit. I grew up getting spanked and it takes every fucking fiber in my being to not beat this kid bc it's what I grew up with. But damn do I yell. Ughhh.

I think he can spend the next 2-3 days in his room room. No tv. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Is he special needs??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 2:45 PM
3 moms liked this
He sounds bored. Try fixing the problem, not punishing the symptoms.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 16, 2017 at 2:45 PM
Is he bored?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are you not watching him better?  I mean kids are kids and you say Johnny, don't get in the fridge, don't unwrap the paper towels, don't whatever he is doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Undiagnosed. We are looking at possibly either add/adhd/odd. Maybe even slight autism. "time out" in his room works. He KNOWS when mama puts him in his room and shuts the door he done fucked up.

He's on his bed pouting bc I lost my shit :/

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Is he special needs??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 2:47 PM
He has a room full of toys. He can play. He'd just rather fuck with other shit

Quoting Anonymous 3: He sounds bored. Try fixing the problem, not punishing the symptoms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this

A room full of toys does not "fix" anything. Try parenting, that works more often than not.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He has a room full of toys. He can play. He'd just rather fuck with other shit
Quoting Anonymous 3: He sounds bored. Try fixing the problem, not punishing the symptoms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 2:49 PM
Bc I have shit to do and he knows it's wrong it's what he runs when im.like what the hell dude! ???

He's grounded to his room till the weekend.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Why are you not watching him better?  I mean kids are kids and you say Johnny, don't get in the fridge, don't unwrap the paper towels, don't whatever he is doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 2:50 PM
He has zero reason to be bored. He can play with toys.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

A room full of toys does not "fix" anything. Try parenting, that works more often than not.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He has a room full of toys. He can play. He'd just rather fuck with other shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 16, 2017 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I make my DS pick things up. Even if I have to stand over him and move his arms for him. He will get the point. Don't let anything slide. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)