Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want a boy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
I've read a few times that there are things you can do to increase the chances of having a girl.
Has anyone tried them? Do they actually work?
It's not that I'd hate for it to be a boy, of course I'd love him but I would really like to have a girl.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Freiheit
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 2:56 PM
The sperm determines the sex of the baby, what you eat or take or do won't change that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 2:57 PM
Don't have sex don't reproduce

Boy or girl basically 50/50'chance based on the guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no method to get the gender you want and none of the psuedo experts have any idea what they are talking about.  It's all about which sperm gets there first.  The end. 

Freiheit
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
OP you can can always adopt a girl. There are so many children in need of a good home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:02 PM
No method actually works, it's just not up to you.
You'll hear people say "we got boy/girl by doing [A,B,C]" but that proves nothing. It's purely up to chance.
Good luck to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:04 PM

I didnt want a boy either but i had 4 of them. I have 1 girl. I went by the gender chart to get my girl. It was right every time for me.

veggiemom474
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 3:05 PM

Seriously...

143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 3:05 PM

One theory I heard was that X chomosome sperm has longevity over Y. So if your egg is further up, chances are it'll be a girl. But I don't know how factual that is. 

I mean no offense to moms of girls, but I have boys, and I never regretted not having a girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:07 PM
I'm sure she'd love to conceive, carry and deliver her own biological child. Other mother's children aren't her responsibly or obligation. Leave that for women that can't medically reproduce.

Quoting Freiheit: OP you can can always adopt a girl. There are so many children in need of a good home.
Freiheit
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Excuse me? I can produce biologically and I would love to adopt. Adopting children is not always plan B. For me it has always been plan A and I'm sure it is for others too.

Quoting Anonymous 6: I'm sure she'd love to conceive, carry and deliver her own biological child. Other mother's children aren't her responsibly or obligation. Leave that for women that can't medically reproduce.

Quoting Freiheit: OP you can can always adopt a girl. There are so many children in need of a good home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)