Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of the many reasons I love my husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Dh left yesterday to go out of town for two weeks. Before he left he made sure to go over the feeding schedule for the cats.

It's so damn cute.

I'm in charge of their dry food and water and dh gives them wet food whenever they whine at him which is daily. He always caves and they know it. Keep in mind I live here too and the house is small enough I know what's going on AND I do the grocery shopping.

He still had to tell me that one of the cats only likes this particular brand of food and to make sure I take a fork and stir it up because she won't eat it straight from the container. Then the other only likes this specific raw food that has to be refrigerated. He had to tell me how much to give her and for how long to warm it in the microwave before I give it to her.

All I could do was smile at him, he pretends to dislike the cats but thats a shining example that he does like them.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:46 PM

My husband is a softy though he will tell you to your face "I don't like cats". Just under 3 years ago we were staying with friends. Their cat went into labor on my DD(yes, have water that breaks DD thought it peed on her). Well, babies were born and we noticed one not doing well. We watched the baby helped get him to momma and give him a start he needed, unlike the others. Well, this now we know the little guy is the runt and one DH goes into the area the kittens are picked the runt up and say "he is mine and moving with us when we go". 

Here we are just under 3 years and that damn cat waits at the door for DH to come home, that cat is part of our alarm system if DH doesn't get up and greet him all hell breaks lose, and I could tell you so much about this cat that my softy who "I don't like cats" has done for this damn cat. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dh left yesterday to go out of town for two weeks. Before he left he made sure to go over the feeding schedule for the cats. It's so damn cute. I'm in charge of their dry food and water and dh gives them wet food whenever they whine at him which is daily. He always caves and they know it. Keep in mind I live here too and the house is small enough I know what's going on AND I do the grocery shopping. He still had to tell me that one of the cats only likes this particular brand of food and to make sure I take a fork and stir it up because she won't eat it straight from the container. Then the other only likes this specific raw food that has to be refrigerated. He had to tell me how much to give her and for how long to warm it in the microwave before I give it to her. All I could do was smile at him, he pretends to dislike the cats but thats a shining example that he does like them.

kman88
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 3:53 PM

My DH hates cats too but when we lived in an apartment that allowed NO pets he said it was easier to hide a cat then a dog and finally let me get a cat.. We have had our fat cat 6 years now and hes DH little buddy. 

Our dog though, thats our alarm system. When DH is not home she lays in front of the door waiting for him. If he leave the room she follows, its actually quite annoying. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My husband is a softy though he will tell you to your face "I don't like cats". Just under 3 years ago we were staying with friends. Their cat went into labor on my DD(yes, have water that breaks DD thought it peed on her). Well, babies were born and we noticed one not doing well. We watched the baby helped get him to momma and give him a start he needed, unlike the others. Well, this now we know the little guy is the runt and one DH goes into the area the kittens are picked the runt up and say "he is mine and moving with us when we go". 

Here we are just under 3 years and that damn cat waits at the door for DH to come home, that cat is part of our alarm system if DH doesn't get up and greet him all hell breaks lose, and I could tell you so much about this cat that my softy who "I don't like cats" has done for this damn cat. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dh left yesterday to go out of town for two weeks. Before he left he made sure to go over the feeding schedule for the cats. It's so damn cute. I'm in charge of their dry food and water and dh gives them wet food whenever they whine at him which is daily. He always caves and they know it. Keep in mind I live here too and the house is small enough I know what's going on AND I do the grocery shopping. He still had to tell me that one of the cats only likes this particular brand of food and to make sure I take a fork and stir it up because she won't eat it straight from the container. Then the other only likes this specific raw food that has to be refrigerated. He had to tell me how much to give her and for how long to warm it in the microwave before I give it to her. All I could do was smile at him, he pretends to dislike the cats but thats a shining example that he does like them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 4:00 PM
Awe that's adorable!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dh left yesterday to go out of town for two weeks. Before he left he made sure to go over the feeding schedule for the cats.

It's so damn cute.

I'm in charge of their dry food and water and dh gives them wet food whenever they whine at him which is daily. He always caves and they know it. Keep in mind I live here too and the house is small enough I know what's going on AND I do the grocery shopping.

He still had to tell me that one of the cats only likes this particular brand of food and to make sure I take a fork and stir it up because she won't eat it straight from the container. Then the other only likes this specific raw food that has to be refrigerated. He had to tell me how much to give her and for how long to warm it in the microwave before I give it to her.

All I could do was smile at him, he pretends to dislike the cats but thats a shining example that he does like them.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 4:02 PM

Cute. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)