Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever given up?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

me and my husband don't really have family that cares much. his family is not mean, but they just don't try to see us and our kids. my family is rude and so i'd rather not even be around them.

so it seems i am the only one that tries to ever get together and no one does anymore. not for bdays or holidays except around christmas time if it works out. i am getting tired of hearing "no" or no RSVP at all..just silence. I think I might just give up. It saddens me though for my kids but I can't force people to want to be around if they don't want to.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 3:57 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 3:59 PM

That does suck.  Create new "family", make friends and build traditions with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 4:00 PM
Not to a person entirely but I don't bother inviting my oldest brother to my family functions anymore. No more niece/nephew family birthdays, no holiday party. He comes to things for my mom and the big holidays but otherwise, he's in his own world. I have decided that if you blow me off 3 times to an event, your name is erased from the invite list.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM

make friends that are family..

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Cut all losses. Create new memories with people who want to be around you, family or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 4:02 PM
We stopped trying with DH's family. They never tried with the kids and they treated DH like he's just one huge disappointment. So we basically said fuck them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 4:10 PM

man, i sure have tried to do this! but nothing has ever "stuck". my kids have some friends so i have tried to be friends with the parents but everyone has their own families and their own "cliques" so after years of trying it has never panned out with anyone where we get closer to go to each other's houses for anything....they just drop their kid off and vice versa and we might say hi and bye and that's it. believe me, i tried and i had to take the hint when people just didn't seem to want friendship.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

make friends that are family..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)