Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The school released my kids without even checking IDs!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Long story short my brother had to go pick up my kids from school. He is on the pick up list but we have never used him before

He went to pick up my kids. All he did was say he needed ___, ___, and ___. He signed his name. They brought the girls out and he left

They didnt ask who he was, they didnt check his id, nothing. This is kind of bothering me. I mean he could have been ANYONE. 

I am going to meet with the principal and tell him. I dont think this is acceptable at all. The school should be following their own protocal. I think it is scary that anyone could walk in there. What if an abusive parent that loses custody comes and takes their kids when they shouldnt? It just isnt safe or okay 

They didnt even check the list. They checked nothing. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 16, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Ehhh... No harm, no foul, imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 4:58 PM
My school doesn't check IDs. They simply ask the student whose picking them up and to point the person out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 4:59 PM

In this situation no but what if my brother shouldnt have been picking them up? It isnt okay for anyone to just walk in and leave with kids

Quoting Danesmommy1: Ehhh... No harm, no foul, imo.

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM

yeah,thats not good.

Snoeblind
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this

He's on the list!!!!!! the kids knew him. Sure that was easy to figure out. God people are annoying me today. The whole world is full of idiots and half of them are on CM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 5:03 PM
Well you should also teach your kids to not go with anyone they aren't expecting and to question it. Your kids didn't, they didn't see any signs he was a threat, he is on the list.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

In this situation no but what if my brother shouldnt have been picking them up? It isnt okay for anyone to just walk in and leave with kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 5:03 PM

They didnt even check the list. THe kids knowing someone is not enough. The kids can no family members who arent supposed to be picking them up 

Quoting Snoeblind:

He's on the list!!!!!! the kids knew him. Sure that was easy to figure out. God people are annoying me today. The whole world is full of idiots and half of them are on CM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 5:04 PM
I agree w you. I'd be very upset.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 5:04 PM

I have taught my kids that. A lot of people dont 

They didnt even check the list. They checked nothing

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well you should also teach your kids to not go with anyone they aren't expecting and to question it. Your kids didn't, they didn't see any signs he was a threat, he is on the list.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Did he go to that school? Ds is going to my brothers old elementary school... the people there remembers him.. ds is going into my brothers old middle school- same thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)