Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM is mad because I stitched SS up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

SS cut his arm open a bit. It wasnt anything too bad but it needed stitches. I tried to get him to go to the ER but he wouldnt. He is 18 and sometimes really hard headed. He was going to stitch them up himself but he has never done anything like that. 

I was a nurse for 10 years in the past. I have done sutures before and so I offered to do it. It was no big deal. 

Well BM found out somehow and is pissed off. She said I shouldnt have done anything except call an ambulance when SS refused to go. I didnt even go into it with her. Her statement showed so much stupidity. You dont need an ambulance for something like that and he is an adult. No one could force him to go no matter what. 

SS and DH told her to just get over it. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monshine2
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Without numbing the area? That's the only thought that comes to my mind in regards to this situation... ouch!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 5:57 PM
As a nurse you should know that you could lose your license to practice over doing that. Even if your stepson has no problem with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I had some stuff to help numb it but he wanted to "take it like a man" 

Quoting monshine2: Without numbing the area? That's the only thought that comes to my mind in regards to this situation... ouch!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 5:58 PM

I was a nurse. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: As a nurse you should know that you could lose your license to practice over doing that. Even if your stepson has no problem with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I will only believe this if you did it with fishing line and a rusty hook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 5:59 PM
You think she's the first nurse to do something like That? Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: As a nurse you should know that you could lose your license to practice over doing that. Even if your stepson has no problem with it.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:10 PM
He's an adult, he can make his own decisions.
Freja
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:14 PM
Id report her to the medical board so fast shed never be a nurse again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol You would just look like an idiot. 

Quoting Freja: Id report her to the medical board so fast shed never be a nurse again.

Freja
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:17 PM
Glad you will never be one again.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I was a nurse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)