Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney World!?

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 5:58 PM
  • 52 Replies

I want to take DD to Disney World, the trip will still be about a year and a half away but I'm starting to save now because I know it's not cheap! 

What are some good resources for Disney info? From booking the trip & where to stay (and getting a good deal on it!) to the must see & do events and attractions and general tips & tricks. It will be 2 adults and 1 kid who will be 10 by the time we go. None of us are big on rides but I want to be able to make the most of the trip. 

I haven't been since I was about 10/11 and I'm already excited lol :)

I'd like to stay at one of the resorts, I think most of what we'd be interested in will be in the Magic Kingdom but I definitely want to go to Animal Kingdom and do a safari type of thing. And I'd like to do some sort of character experice that DD would enjoy.

If you've been, what were your/your kiddos favorite parts? 

by on May. 16, 2017 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump and I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because I'm wondering the same thing. I want to start planning a trip now for September of next year. My kids will be 14, 7 and 6. I know absolutely nothing about Disney world.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, i was there yesturday but im not going to be a lot of help cause the kids are 15 and 18 boys...and were throughly unimpressed with magic kingdom. It was lame and to many kids. I how ever disagree with their assessment! My mother, father and dh really enjoyed it. It was dh and the boys first time there. The rides are mostly easy rides, I saw lots of young kids, like a year or so on them. Not all of them, but a good chunck. We aren't at a resort we rented a vacation house.

I will say two things. Invest in the fast pass. We didn't and regretted it. 2nd..there is a walmart in Claremont (close to the house we are staying in) that has a HUGE selection of disney souvenirs. Hats, ears, shirts, water bottles, toys, purses pens and autograph books..plus so much more. I dont know if all the walmarts are like this but the prices are a lot better than at disney.
There was a visor I wanted..it was red with a Minnie bow stiched on it. In the park it was 24.99..one almost identical at walmart was 13.98....

We are going to island of adventure tomorrow! I'll go ahead admit I'm excited about going to harry potter world!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:25 PM
That's because they are too old for Disney.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well, i was there yesturday but im not going to be a lot of help cause the kids are 15 and 18 boys...and were throughly unimpressed with magic kingdom. It was lame and to many kids. I how ever disagree with their assessment! My mother, father and dh really enjoyed it. It was dh and the boys first time there. The rides are mostly easy rides, I saw lots of young kids, like a year or so on them. Not all of them, but a good chunck. We aren't at a resort we rented a vacation house.

I will say two things. Invest in the fast pass. We didn't and regretted it. 2nd..there is a walmart in Claremont (close to the house we are staying in) that has a HUGE selection of disney souvenirs. Hats, ears, shirts, water bottles, toys, purses pens and autograph books..plus so much more. I dont know if all the walmarts are like this but the prices are a lot better than at disney.
There was a visor I wanted..it was red with a Minnie bow stiched on it. In the park it was 24.99..one almost identical at walmart was 13.98....

We are going to island of adventure tomorrow! I'll go ahead admit I'm excited about going to harry potter world!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Go check out mousesavers.com it has a lot of information and ways to save.
missymackie
by Hey Brother on May. 16, 2017 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Eat at be our guest..it was awesome, much better than cinderellas royal table. We just got back on Saturday from Disney world. We stayed at the Polynesian (it was beautiful). My daughter got her hair and makeup done at bibbidi bobbidi boutique and then had pictures done, and she also went to the princess tea party at the grand Floridian and loved it, it was amazing. If you have a little girl I definitely recommend it. Our favorite part is definitely magic kingdom, there's nothing else like it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Look on Pinterest they have tons of tips and advice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Of course they are to old! We didn't go for them, we went cause my mom wanted to go on a nostalgia trip. We went as a family when we were all kids, she and wanted to revisit it. We are going to universal for them to have fun.

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's because they are too old for Disney.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well, i was there yesturday but im not going to be a lot of help cause the kids are 15 and 18 boys...and were throughly unimpressed with magic kingdom. It was lame and to many kids. I how ever disagree with their assessment! My mother, father and dh really enjoyed it. It was dh and the boys first time there. The rides are mostly easy rides, I saw lots of young kids, like a year or so on them. Not all of them, but a good chunck. We aren't at a resort we rented a vacation house.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:33 PM
I go to Disney way to much for it to be enjoyable lol. Be Our Guest is amazing food, 50s prime is a fun place also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I grew up about 30 minutes from Disney. I worked there as a teen and my mom has been working there for almost 22 years. I can tell you what's fun, but I have no idea about deals since it's always been free or discounted for me. Magic Kingdom is always packed so I sort of prefer Hollywood Studios. They have fun rides and characters, but it's not quite as crowded. My favorite resorts are The Wilderness Lodge because it's beautiful, Animal Kingdom Lodge because you can literally have a giraffe 5 feet from your balcony, and The Beach Club because it's pool is amazing. We like Downtown Disney, too. Bunch of shops and restaurants that are fun to look in.
sweetfox3
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Take that back 😑

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's because they are too old for Disney.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)