Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how far ahead did you start buying ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

How far ahead did you start buying things for your wedding? We're on a budget with no help from either of our families. We don't have an official date yet but about a year from now to early 2019 at the latest.

For instance I already know what kind of dress I want and do not anticipate gaining or losing much weight. Is it ok to pick out and buy the dress and have the final fitting later on? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:50 PM

I got engaged in April and married in July of the same year. So we did it all quickly. For the record I was NOT pregnant.

Yes you can start getting what you need.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 16, 2017 at 6:51 PM
We got engaged in December and married in March, so we started buying stuff right away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 6:53 PM

To be honest I'm hoping for next spring/summer for the wedding but it may end up being winter or early 2019 because right now lawsuit with the hospital for his DD is coming up.

& funny you mention not being pregnant because we're actually planning our first child together to be conceived this fall or winter. Because I said I'd have 2 before 35 then my tubes will be tied & I'm 31 lol.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I got engaged in April and married in July of the same year. So we did it all quickly. For the record I was NOT pregnant.

Yes you can start getting what you need.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 6:53 PM

I bought my wedding dress a year before our wedding. As soon as we were engaged we started to shop around and buy things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 6:54 PM
I never had a traditional wedding. Paying off a house has always been my main priority. I wish I could say our house is paid off lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 6:56 PM

I don't think our wedding will be crazy expensive. The venue is $2000 plus the catering. I can pay $300 for an out of network caterer & my brother is a chef and my mom used to sell wedding cakes. She just can't do fondant, that was after her time... Figure if I start with the dress & decoration now it won't be expensive at all...

Quoting Anonymous 2: I never had a traditional wedding. Paying off a house has always been my main priority. I wish I could say our house is paid off lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)