Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Go Here?

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 7:24 PM
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you eat at this restaurant and use the childcare provided?

Options:

Yes

No

Other- please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

I was thinking about restaurants and babysitting.

Then I came up with the idea of a restaurant that offers child care to its patrons, away from the dining area, but in the same building.

Thinking of having a teen or two to work the night shift (like 4/5-11 PM) five nights a week. Charging a flat fee per child (like $5 or so) so that parents who have no support system can have dinner dates, or single parents can have business meetings and not have worry about child care.

Also have it available for the lunch shift for 'mom dates' or similar, but instead of teens, one of the owners would care for the children.

Would you go to a restaurant like this?

by on May. 16, 2017 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kewimom
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:26 PM

Sounds good to me.  i always thought grocery stores and malls should have some type of similar service.  The only place I know of is IKEA.

mrsjules79
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:27 PM
IKEA was my first thought as well. Cheaper than finding a sitter.
disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:28 PM
I wouldn't. My kids started going to restaurants very young and behave. Neither of my kids would have been happy hanging out with a stranger instead of eating with us. I've seen it at IKEA when I was shopping with my daughter when she was little; she wanted no part of being left there. It would be great for people whose kids don't like restaurant dinners.
blessedtohave7
by Bahama Mama on May. 16, 2017 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would go and use the child care.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a good idea. I personally don't need it, but I know there are plenty of people who do.
skipp2
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!
WildWonder
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:32 PM
There are grocery stores here that do it.

Quoting kewimom:

Sounds good to me.  i always thought grocery stores and malls should have some type of similar service.  The only place I know of is IKEA.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2017 at 7:33 PM
I think it's a great concept for parents who could give a crap if their kids have table manners and general social etiquette.
EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:33 PM

That's a great idea!

Quoting kewimom:

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on May. 16, 2017 at 7:33 PM

Heck yeah I would. I always thought malls, etc should have them too but I figured they probably don't because operating expenses would be greater than profits. It would work well in a restaurant though, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)