Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So They Don't Consider Zika a Risk-opinions please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I was suppose to go to Costa Rica this summer with my son through a tour group that his Spanish teacher put together. I purchased the travel insurance that covers if a medical condition stops you from traveling I should get a full refund minus deposit. I just found out I'm pregnant and now they are saying it would only count if I am high risk. The CDC has issued a travel warning for pregnant women not to travel there. I'm thinking I should fight this any suggestions how?

*The trip is all over Costa Rica not just high altitudes

TIA
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Bump
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:25 PM
Zika isn't what the insurance is for. More like a high risk pregnancy. Something you already HAVE, not something that the place you're going to has.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Zika isn't what the insurance is for. More like a high risk pregnancy. Something you already HAVE, not something that the place you're going to has.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:29 PM
Basically this. Not sure what you want them to do, there is nothing medically wrong with you.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Zika isn't what the insurance is for. More like a high risk pregnancy. Something you already HAVE, not something that the place you're going to has.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 8:30 PM

Nope, I wouldn't consider that covered, sorry.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were pregnant, I wouldn't be traveling anywhere with known zika outbreaks.  But that's just me.  

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM
I was in a country with zika while pregnant and it's not as omgggg as they make it sound. Bug spray. All the time. After you shower, you get dry, bug spray. Even behind the ears, hands, face. Feet, apply often. My kid's fine and I never caught it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Basically this. Not sure what you want them to do, there is nothing medically wrong with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 8:33 PM
That's my thought too but I'm pretty ticked especially since the agent made it sound like their priority is our safety

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

If I were pregnant, I wouldn't be traveling anywhere with known zika outbreaks.  But that's just me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)