Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separation and government assistance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
DH and I are separating. His choice. He can't deal with my insomnia and that I'm waiting start my new job after graduating college. Unfortunately, it's entry-level and I will bring home almost no money after paying for daycare. I'm going to be staying with my mom but it's very temporary and I need to find a place as soon as I can afford it. But it's going to be impossible to save money if I'm paying that much in child care. DH makes over $100k a year and it'd be impossible to get any help due to his income. If we're separated, would I be able to get help.DH also refuses to pay child support and threatens me and says I'll never see the kids again if I file.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 16, 2017 at 9:13 PM
23 moms liked this
He doesn't just get to refuse to pay child support, don't let him bully you into anything.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 16, 2017 at 9:14 PM
15 moms liked this
Refuses? Doesn't work that way. You file for your divorce and ask for child support and half daycare costs. After your order and your employment you can see just how much you are working with for rent.
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:15 PM
2 moms liked this
When you file for separation, don't ask for child support. The judge will issue it anyways lo
strangeyfine
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:16 PM
5 moms liked this
That is BS. Your soon to be ex is an asshat. File so he has to pay child support. Keep records of his threats.
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:16 PM
5 moms liked this
He also can't keep the kids from you.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Refuses? That's funny.

Don't let him pull that shit, take him to court and unless you're a truly horrible parent you're not going to loose custody, you'll have to share but that's what happens during divorces and separations.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Refuses? Doesn't work that way. You file for your divorce and ask for child support and half daycare costs. After your order and your employment you can see just how much you are working with for rent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this
File for child support immediately. It's not optional.
brime98
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this
You can't get assistance without a cs case. They want parents supporting their kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
If you're separated and not living together and he's not supporting you, you will get, at very least, snap benefits. Cash assistance involves job searching and classes. That's how it works here in MN. You can also get daycare assistance and low income housing called section 8. I would file for child support immediately. If you've been married over ten years, you have a good chance at getting alimony.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)