Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This was my baby in the hospital yesterday and.....😟

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

So my youngest ended up getting a really high fever Sunday night and he ended up having TWO febrile seizures! His first was at 16 mo when another child brought roseola in the daycare ( I run a small daycare out of my home)

Seems to happen once a year...ugh. Really only if there is a serious illness. And many kids in our daycare have been sick...even the parents.

Anyways yes I close for illness. Yes it's in the policies that I have the parents sign. I know some of you will have opinions on that...that's fine. This is how it works for me...has for 14 yrs. I can't afford trained and qualified by the state substitute. The parents know this.

So I did close yesterday. Monitored my son all day...thank God his fever went away. He never developed any symptoms. Really weird. The doctor at the ER said it just must be a virus.

So today...the next day I opened. I try really hard not to inconvenience the parents....even when they are the ones who brought the illness and made us sick!

So today we kind of had a chill day. We still did school time and such. Rained this morning....everything was wet. This afternoon all the kids slept pretty late. Most of them are still recovering. One sounds like it's developed in her chest. It also became very humid outside.

At pick up I had a mother ask if they went outside today. I said no and she seemed very upset. I was thinking in my head " lady...I could have closed today! My son was in the hospital just yesterday! I'm freakin TIRED! I've been through hell! Oh and we were under a severe storm watch
..lol. How much more reason do you need lady?

Just a vent. Don't need advice.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on May. 16, 2017 at 10:15 PM
I hope he is doing better op
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Thank you. He is. Last night he was insisting on going bowling. Lol. I was like no way!

Quoting wicked_tink: I hope he is doing better op
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Tis the season :/ everyone is staying sick here because we had basically no winter, spring came in like an allergy storm, and summer is going to kick out butts. No wellness here.
Hope your little guy is feeling better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW! Some parents just suck!

Glad he is doing better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2017 at 7:32 AM
Hope we are all over it soon! I think I have to be more strict with my illness policy ...ugh

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tis the season :/ everyone is staying sick here because we had basically no winter, spring came in like an allergy storm, and summer is going to kick out butts. No wellness here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2017 at 7:35 AM
Poor guy!

Daycare parents suck! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 17, 2017 at 7:38 AM

I hope he is feeling better.

That's one of the many reasons I won't take my kids to a home daycare.  Missing work because my kids are sick is one thing.  Missing work because the babysitters kids are sick is another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2017 at 9:44 AM
I've worked in both large family home and childcare facilities. You just have to be crystal clear and put your foot down. It's never pleasant but dhs has illness standards for a reason.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hope we are all over it soon! I think I have to be more strict with my illness policy ...ugh

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tis the season :/ everyone is staying sick here because we had basically no winter, spring came in like an allergy storm, and summer is going to kick out butts. No wellness here.
corticosteroid
by on May. 17, 2017 at 9:45 AM

You need a different line of work.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hope we are all over it soon! I think I have to be more strict with my illness policy ...ugh
Quoting Anonymous 2: Tis the season :/ everyone is staying sick here because we had basically no winter, spring came in like an allergy storm, and summer is going to kick out butts. No wellness here. Hope your little guy is feeling better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have rather you taken another day off. It sounds like the care the children received today was sub par. I would be annoyed my kids slept all day because the provider was tired. And don't act like you opened as a favor to your clients, you opened for the money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)