Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This store needs to quit hiring F****** R*******!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is what a lady screamed at me today while I was scanning her groceries.  I stopped and said "Excuse me?"  
That f-ing R-word is just standing there not bagging my groceries.  F-ing morons.

Whoa....first off, yes, all of our baggers except a couple ARE special needs, but they get their jobs done.  And these are *OUR*kids...you mess with them, you're gonna get a mama bear from 90% of the cashiers and don't make me call my manager because she will turn mama bear faster than I will.

I turn around to check out what the lady is yelling about and yes, my bagger is staring off into space with a complete blank look.  Oh shit.  She was having a seizure.  She doesn't have the typical shaking, hitting the floor type seizures.  Hers manifest by staring off into space, lost in another world, until she drops off into a deep sleep.  It takes her a couple of hours to sleep them off.

I yelled at the nearest cashier to call our manager and ran to stand behind my bagger until someone else arrived because once she goes down, she is goes hard and we do our best to keep her from getting hurt.  There is no waking her or pulling her out of it.  As soon as the other cashier called our manager, he came to stand on the other side of my bagger to help me with catching her when she went down.  

Our manager came running with the store wheelchair so we could guide her into that when she went down and was already on the phone with the baggers mom so she could come get her.  

The whole damn time we were tending to her, the lady I was checking out was screaming about how if we didn't hire THOSE kind of people, we wouldn't have these problems and someone needs to finish ringing up her groceries.  

My manager turned around and said she is having a seizure, this is a medical emergency and as soon as SHE is taken care of, we will get back to you.  

The lady continued to bitch and complain to everyone around her.  No one else said anything but looked uncomfortable for a few minutes.  Finally, the lady that my coworker was ringing up spoke up and said "Hey, you, you f-ing MORON.  Do you see anyone else complaining? That child obviously needs medical attention, and she needs them attending to her more than you need that case of beer that she hasn't rang up, so why don't you just SHUT THE F--K UP and have some f-ing compassion???" 

The store manager walked up while the "nice" customer was speaking.  The rude ass huffed and said she would be calling corporate and continued to huff and slam her purse and keys around every few seconds.

After the baggers mom showed up, we started back to our registers.  The store manager paused and said I will need statements from you ladies about this for our records.  He asked the nicer lady to go to the front office and she would be taken care of.  He asked the other lady to please wait in his office.  

They helped get our bagger into her moms car and came back in.  About 30 seconds after he came back in, the police showed up.

Nice lady was taken to the front office where once she had filed out a statement, she received a $50 gift card of her choice and mean ass was in the managers office where she was given an official warning from the police she was now banned from the store.  (Yes, it is legal where I live that a business can ban someone without it having to go to court, they just have to have the police issue a No Trespass Citation and it is done deal.)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2017 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:54 PM
23 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:54 PM
Sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
God I hope this isn't true. If it is people are mean. I'm not sure the nice lady should've cussed so much but at least someone defended the situation
dawncs
by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

People like her forget that even sn adults need to work and earn money. It saves the government money by businesses hiring them. I bet she would complain if the person was on assistance and not working while in private. You can't win either way with her type.

Dawn
Asperger Syndrome Published Author and Blogger
Asperger Syndrome diagnosed May 1997 as an adult
My Author Blog 
My Author Website

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:56 PM

It is sad that we still have moronic people like her walking the earth!  

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM
I didnt even know that in some places you had to go to court to ban someone from a store. Idiot people abound.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM
3 moms liked this
The manager or someone should have asked her to leave or had finish checking her out quickly and gotten her the hell out of there. While I understand an emergency was happening, you must have more the three employees in the store. Letting her stand there and carry on like that is ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this
That lady was acting like an asshat, but honestly why the hell would a grocery store have people with such serious issues working there? Most grocery stores are fast paced and nobody likes standing in line forever. Have them stock shelves instead.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm going to refuse to believe this because the alternative infuriates me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM
Yes I do believe that a store can ban a person for that.
However this story seems like bullshit.
You're going to say that mean lady and others waiting for her to have her seizure and then for mom to show up. Then go to office after. Sure!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)