Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, I really shot myself in the foot this time.

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 11:33 PM
  • 36 Replies

I have trained/taught my kids to clean up after themselves after each meal. Or I thought I trained/taught my kids. I find myself having to make them come back in the kitchen and clean up. I am sick and tired of doing this. I really haven't found a good way to discipline them for this. So today, I got so fed up that I told them that we aren't getting pizza at my favorite pizza place tomorrow night because I had to tell them 2 times today to clean up after a meal. Tomorrow night would have been my birthday supper. My birthday is on Friday but my dh and oldest are camping with our Scout troop so we won't go out as a family. So I chose tomorrow night. Now I made the choice to tell the kids no to pizza. Stupid choice, I know but I was so mad and fed up I just blurted that out. Now I am having to miss out on pizza. I am not one to go back on a discipline.

ETA: Ok, the word train seems like a pretty harsh term when it comes to kids. I am so mad at myself that I wasn't thinking and the word trained came to mind so thats what I used. I should have used the word taught.

2nd ETA: I have decided that my dh and I will get the pizza after the kids eat. I want to get Hidden figures from redbox too.

by on May. 16, 2017 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2017 at 11:34 PM
Then go get yourself pizza, and not them. They can have sandwiches.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 16, 2017 at 11:34 PM
I couldn't get past "trained"...
Seeyouentee
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Get pizza and eat it in front of them
skoda1993
by on May. 16, 2017 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, well taught them then. I am so mad at myself I couldn't think of a better word.

Quoting KendallsMommee: I couldn't get past "trained"...

skoda1993
by on May. 16, 2017 at 11:36 PM

I could do this but its more fun when we go as a family. But I am still tempted!

Quoting Anonymous: Then go get yourself pizza, and not them. They can have sandwiches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2017 at 11:37 PM
I would have them eat something before we went and not let them have pizza. No need for you to miss out.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Why? It's a perfectly accurate word to describe the methods we use to teach small children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2017 at 11:38 PM
You "train your children" like dogs?
Interesting but crazy concept
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 16, 2017 at 11:40 PM
Not in my world.

Quoting B1Bomber:

Why? It's a perfectly accurate word to describe the methods we use to teach small children.

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:42 PM
Order in pizza and eat in front of them while they get sandwiches. Explain you clean up so you get rewards
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)