Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A**hole drivers!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I live in Houston and we are all shitty drivers down here.

I learned how to drive on the highways and learned that you have to be aggressive to drive around here.

Speed limits are just a suggestion

Yellow lights and even red lighs can be ignored

It's ok to swerve into the other lane or just drive down the middle of two lanes

Cars down here don't come with blinkers, who needs those anyway?

It's perfectly legal to cross 6 lanes of traffic when you're about to miss your exit.

And if you feel there needs to be an exit off the freeway just cut through the grass and make your own exit.

But there is one thing that boils my blood and makes me wanna beat the hell out of someone.

I'm not sure about the rest of the country but down here when getting on the freeway for the most part there isn't your own lane. You have to immediately merge onto the freeway with people going 65-80 mph. Mother fucking assholes don't fucking let you merge!!!! I have no fucking choice! I have to merge! Let me in you asshole! Seriously. There's another lane you can get into, I don't have that luxury. So either slow the fuck down, pick up speed, or get the fuck over!!!!

Ok, I feel much better.๐Ÿ˜
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Diamond Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:54 AM
There are a lot of asshole in Atlanta too.
ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Lol My SO is an asshole driver. He'll ride your ass until you move and it doesn't matter how fast you're going and he never lets anyone merge or get in front of him. He's an excellent driver but I hate riding with him because he likes to speed, swerve in and out of lanes and beat traffic lights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My friend recently moved from Houston to a suburb of Atlanta. She said learning to drive in Houston has helped her out tremendously with driving there.

Quoting blessed107: There are a lot of asshole in Atlanta too.
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Oh I absolutely hate that. We have one highway where you get on and you have almost no time to merge. But where we live most people don't stay in the lane that you merge into so it's usually clear. But if you see somebody's trying to get over like you said speed up slow down or go to the other lane. I also hate when you are driving down a multiple-lane road and there is heavy traffic to get into one particular Shopping Center or whatever. So you have to get into the turning lane like a mile before you want to turn in. You end up having to wait in that lane for 20 minutes just to get in and some a****** who buzzed right up in the lane next to you tries to get over right when it's trying to turn. That happens a lot around Christmas time in our area right before the mall
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 8:58 AM
I do not let assholes over who do that. Period. I will almost kiss the bumper in front of me to prevent those assholes from cutting in line.

Quoting SAHMJC: Oh I absolutely hate that. We have one highway where you get on and you have almost no time to merge. But where we live most people don't stay in the lane that you merge into so it's usually clear. But if you see somebody's trying to get over like you said speed up slow down or go to the other lane. I also hate when you are driving down a multiple-lane road and there is heavy traffic to get into one particular Shopping Center or whatever. So you have to get into the turning lane like a mile before you want to turn in. You end up having to wait in that lane for 20 minutes just to get in and some a****** who buzzed right up in the lane next to you tries to get over right when it's trying to turn. That happens a lot around Christmas time in our area right before the mall
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 8:58 AM
That is not an excellent driver. He may have not gotten in any accidents doing that but that's actually called reckless driving and he has probably caused accidents driving that way

Quoting ReaIisticbeauti: Lol My SO is an asshole driver. He'll ride your ass until you move and it doesn't matter how fast you're going and he never lets anyone merge or get in front of him. He's an excellent driver but I hate riding with him because he likes to speed, swerve in and out of lanes and beat traffic lights.
rhope4
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:58 AM
My sister lives in that area, and when she's in my small town, you can tell a definite difference in our driving habits! She drives when I visit, and I drive when she visits, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Merging is my absolute pet peeve here as well. I've never seen so many accidents as I have here on the highways entrances/exits. People here wait until the absolute last minute to decide they need to exit and will just dart right over in front of the other 50 cars trying to get off at the exit. They can't be bothered to wait in line. 

ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:06 AM
He is an excellent driver when he's not being an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That is not an excellent driver. He may have not gotten in any accidents doing that but that's actually called reckless driving and he has probably caused accidents driving that way

Quoting ReaIisticbeauti: Lol My SO is an asshole driver. He'll ride your ass until you move and it doesn't matter how fast you're going and he never lets anyone merge or get in front of him. He's an excellent driver but I hate riding with him because he likes to speed, swerve in and out of lanes and beat traffic lights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM
Okay I'll agree to that. My husband used to be the same way. Then I told him that he's being an a******. I also pointed out that speeding up just to keep somebody from being able to merge is just wasting his gas. Driving like an a****** risks him getting a ticket for reckless driving. He kind of got better about it and then a few months later his dad who drives the same way he does got a ticket for reckless driving. He had to pay over $1,000 because his reckless driving caused an accident. He was lucky nobody was hurt because of somebody was hurt he could have actually been brought up on criminal charges. After that my husband learned to drive like a decent human being

Quoting ReaIisticbeauti: He is an excellent driver when he's not being an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That is not an excellent driver. He may have not gotten in any accidents doing that but that's actually called reckless driving and he has probably caused accidents driving that way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)