Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you allow him to go?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

me and my husband have been together since we were 19 and have been together for 24 years now. he has a best friend that has almost always been disrespectful to me (he has his nice moments every once in a while but is usually just a big d*ck!).

so there is a concert coming up this summer and it's me and my husband's favorite band. his friend wants to come.  his divorce was just final and parts of me feel badly for him even though he has been rude to me a lot over the years. would you allow him to go? the concert is actually seats..not just general admission if that matters to anyone.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ComeWhatWill
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:04 AM
If the friends pays for his ticket and your husband wants him to come, sure.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:04 AM

Why are you with someone who is an ass?

goldpandora
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm inclined to say no... firstly, because it was going to be a special night out for you two, right? Secondly, because he is newly divorced and if you let him tag along this time he might just think it's fine to tag along every time. I'd stick to my original plans if I were you.

Why do you feel sorry for someone who has been consistently rude to you for years?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM

yes he will buy his own ticket. sometimes i think why the hell would i ever go around this person after all the years of rudeness from him? my husband doesn't see this friend that often but they have known each other since they were 11.

Quoting ComeWhatWill: If the friends pays for his ticket and your husband wants him to come, sure.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Why is your husband still friends with somebody who is disrespectful to his wife? No I wouldn't be okay with him going and if your husband invited him anyway I would stay home and I'd be packing up the house so I wouldn't be there when he got home period but I wouldn't have put up with 24 years of my husband's friend being disrespectful to me
ComeWhatWill
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM
If he treats you that badly, don't be around him. But if your husband is still friends with him, it can't really be that bad, unless your husband is an ass himself.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

yes he will buy his own ticket. sometimes i think why the hell would i ever go around this person after all the years of rudeness from him? my husband doesn't see this friend that often but they have known each other since they were 11.

Quoting ComeWhatWill: If the friends pays for his ticket and your husband wants him to come, sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM
He's my husband's friend and if my husband wanted him to go yes he'd be going.

But I'm not one that reads into people's behavior or tells my husband what can and can't happen.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

me and my husband have been together since we were 19 and have been together for 24 years now. he has a best friend that has almost always been disrespectful to me (he has his nice moments every once in a while but is usually just a big d*ck!).

so there is a concert coming up this summer and it's me and my husband's favorite band. his friend wants to come.  his divorce was just final and parts of me feel badly for him even though he has been rude to me a lot over the years. would you allow him to go? the concert is actually seats..not just general admission if that matters to anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM

No...why is your Dh friends with someone that treats you like shit?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 9:11 AM

my husband is not an ass but he is just way too laid back with everything. i have told him how his friend makes me feel and my husband doesn't say much.

Quoting ComeWhatWill: If he treats you that badly, don't be around him. But if your husband is still friends with him, it can't really be that bad, unless your husband is an ass himself.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Masterchefmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't allow my husband to do anything. I was smart enough to marry a mature adult capable of making his own decisions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)