Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this f***ing kid tho!!!!! ugh!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I'm babysitting my nephew today and I'm already going crazy. He is the most destructive child I've ever met in my life. He breaks shit on purpose. Makes messes on purpose. Like he will look me straight in the face and dump his bowl on the floor and just stand there. When I say "why did you do that " his answer is "I didn't" or "I don't know". I'm like wtf dude I just watched you. My daughter had some oragami stuff on her desk, he went to get some toys out of her toybox and saw those so he just started tearing them into little pieces. Then he brought them to her and said "this got tore up". Hes 4. Old enough to know better. Any ideas? Hes gonna drive me to drinking at this rate. :(

No, I cannot call his mother to come get him, she has saved my ass too many times in the form of babysitting my kids for me to leave her hanging, she HAS to be at work today, something about administrative meetings with the DA and can't be rescheduled or something IDK.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 26, 2017 at 9:56 AM
7 moms liked this

He is required to be in the same room as you. Take some time with him to make a rule chart he participates in so you can go over rules and expectations and consequences if they aren't followed.....MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THROUGH.

A kid like that would LOATHE timeout, I reckon. 

goodbyebluesky2
by on May. 26, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Solid advice.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

He is required to be in the same room as you. Take some time with him to make a rule chart he participates in so you can go over rules and expectations and consequences if they aren't followed.....MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THROUGH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM
Lol he's been here since 7 and been in timeout three times already, it's more of a punishment for me than him bc he just sits and screams.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM
Make him clean all the messes.
Nice_Dragon
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM
Take him outside. He is testing you and winning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM
I do.

Quoting Rhodin: Make him clean all the messes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:00 AM
It's still kinda wet outside, I'm going to when it warms up and dries out a little.

Quoting Nice_Dragon: Take him outside. He is testing you and winning.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Make him stay in the room with you. He is now your shadow. Put him in time out for 4 minutes every time he misbehaves.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:03 AM

That kid would be on the couch for the rest of the day, he can look at books, or do something quiet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:05 AM
I have this mental fantasy of locking him in the big dog kennel with toys and snacks and going to the patio to enjoy my coffee in peace. I won't of course, but that thought is my guilty pleasure.

Quoting blue-heart: Make him stay in the room with you. He is now your shadow. Put him in time out for 4 minutes every time he misbehaves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)