Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you aging gracefully?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies

i will be 44 soon and it's flying by! ugh! anyways, i am getting more wrinkles in my forehead, by one of my eyes and in my knees!!! what????? i am not just gonna do nothing about it! i apply essential oils mixed with other oils and it helps smooth them out some. i want to at least try some things to fight this aging. lol! what do you guys try with the aging process?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:06 AM

I think I am but I come from a family that ages pretty well and my mom and my aunts all look younger than their age. I'm turning 39 at the end of this year and I DO notice the lines around my eyes though, but I just continue to moisturize and wear sunscreen religiously and eat well and stay hydrated.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on May. 26, 2017 at 10:06 AM
So far
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:06 AM
I'm 37 and my skin is doing great. My mom is 74 with amazing skin, no crows feet, minimal lines around her mouth, etc That's good genes.

However, my hair is crazy grey and I'm getting serious facial hair. EWWW. I've had my hormone levels checked a few times and nothing comes up abnormal. I have no idea what's causing it and it's really embarrassing.
Endor-uh
by on May. 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM
I'm just aging normally. I'm okay with that. =)
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM
I have no wrinkles but my hair would be 100% grey if I didn't have it colored. I'm 39.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:09 AM

i look a lot younger than i am which is good, but i still want to fight those wrinkles and whatever else comes along! lol! last month i got carded which i realize most people have to card, but this guy looked at my license and said wow you don't look that old! i said how old do i look and he stuttered "uumm, i'm not good at guessing but you sure don't look that age!" lol!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I think I am but I come from a family that ages pretty well and my mom and my aunts all look younger than their age. I'm turning 39 at the end of this year and I DO notice the lines around my eyes though, but I just continue to moisturize and wear sunscreen religiously and eat well and stay hydrated.

supermama322
by Kaylee on May. 26, 2017 at 10:09 AM
I'm not sure. I'm not even 30 yet but I feel I look older so..maybe not. Lol
goodbyebluesky2
by on May. 26, 2017 at 10:10 AM
So far I am aging gracefully. I don't take that for granted. Very grateful for it. I don't do anything extra other than basic hygiene and wash my face. I should probably use moisturizer. Idk. Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:11 AM

i have more greys popping up this year. i wasn't going to pluck them like my hairdresser said to do but they are so wiry/crazy that i just ended up cutting them. 

Quoting SommelierMom: I have no wrinkles but my hair would be 100% grey if I didn't have it colored. I'm 39.

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:11 AM

I was aging gracefully until I got cancer.  Now I look like shit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)