Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so beyond disgusted with her!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
My older sister is a disgusting piece of crap. I can't even believe I'm related to her, or that she'd do something like this. Her little boy was born via emergency C-section last week, after the surrogate was rushed to the hospital with heavy vaginal bleeding, she had a placental abruption. She was 29 weeks, so obviously the baby is premature, is in the NICU, he didn't get steroids, and he's going to have a long road ahead of him.

My sister has decided to pull out of the contract, stating she "didn't sign up for this" and doesn't want to deal with a "messed up" baby. The surrogate does not want to keep the baby either. I really, really want to file to adopt him, but I'm scared about the long term repercussions of raising a child that is biologically my sister's, and was essentially bought and paid for by her. God willing, he'll be ok, but if he is, in a year or two will she want him back? I know legally she wouldn't be able to, since she's never actually taken custody of him. I don't foresee myself having much of a relationship with her anyway, not after she abandoned her child, but she's still family. As of right now, I've filed for emergency custody and was granted it, since I'm a biological relative, and I'm working with the hospitals social worker as well as the attorney for the surrogate agency to try and navigate the legalities of this, but I just don't know what to do long term.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Disgusting absolutely disgusting ! Poor baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:18 AM
It is. He's adorable, and the neo thinks he's going to do well. They got to the hospital very quickly and he had good apgars, and so far he's doing well. It'll be a long road obviously, but we're hopeful.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: Disgusting absolutely disgusting ! Poor baby
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:19 AM

She's not going to be a good parent. She's either not ready, or never will be I'm not sure which. I hope that the little fella recovers okay and you can take him home soon. A lot of preemies grow up to be big strong healthy kids. It's your sister's loss. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:20 AM
I don't know either. Until this, I could have sworn she'd be an amazing mom.

I don't know if we will take him home. I want to, but big picture I'm not sure if that's in his best interest, or that of my family's and other childrens.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

She's not going to be a good parent. She's either not ready, or never will be I'm not sure which. I hope that the little fella recovers okay and you can take him home soon. A lot of preemies grow up to be big strong healthy kids. It's your sister's loss. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Adopt that baby. Your sister is a worthless human being. How sad for her. Her ultimate loss will be your gain! Is she married?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Its better that she can admit that she does not want the baby, and yes its extremely sad and horrible but she is being honest and if she CAN'T deal and cope with th elong term problems that there will be (or not) its better she says so right now.

It would be horrible if she kept the baby and then neglected or who knows what else if she was overwhelmed. i don't find it disgusting, she is doing what she feels is best. Many give up babies due to medical reasons, not everyone can handle that sor of thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:24 AM

I don't think she's evil. She knows her limits. Maybe she's not ready to be a parent at all. Better to decide now than after the kid is 5. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:26 AM

bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:28 AM
I do want to adopt him.
No, she's single.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Adopt that baby. Your sister is a worthless human being. How sad for her. Her ultimate loss will be your gain! Is she married?
ALynn565
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM

You are doing the right thing. I would be more worried about the baby, than your sister. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)