Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not a hoarder, but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Right now I feel like it. We moved 4 months ago, and I have 3 large bathroom boxes that can't be unpacked. There's just no room for it. We went from 3 bathrooms with plenty of storage space, to 2 1/2 bathrooms with extremely limited storage. So now I have all this stuff, and nowhere to put it. And just like those people on the shows, I refuse to get rid of any of it. I already went through and got rid of the cheap and/or old stuff before we moved, so what's left is off limits to the trash can. I mean, call me crazy, but I'm not going to toss a $70 face cream just because it won't fit in the cabinet, kwim?

So, any ideas for small bathroom storage?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM
An over the door shoe holder. Can you maybe get a big bin to eliminate the boxes and the bin can be stored else where? An ottoman that you can keep in your bedroom? Is there anyway you can store the stuff under the sink in the 1/2 bath
Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Are these all things you actually USE?  If not, yes, trash it.

Are they extras of the same thing?  If so, store them somewhere else, doesn't have to be in the bathroom.

What type of stuff IS it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:47 AM

Can you store it somewhere other than the bathroom? Like a hall closet or underneath your bed or in your bedroom closet? You can't make storage where there isn't any room in a small bathroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 11:00 AM
I use it all, but I don't use all of it every day. Does that make sense? One day I'll use this lotion, or that face mask. Or maybe even a deep conditioner or hand/foot scrub. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I also have a crap ton of "tools" like hair dryer and attachments, various irons, electric toothbrush, electric face brush, etc, etc, etc. Yes, I do have a lot of stuff, but I do use it. In fact, my face has seen better days, because I haven't been able to unpack my peels and scrubs, and I refuse to buy more of what I already have, just to add to my storage problem, lol.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Are these all things you actually USE?  If not, yes, trash it.

Are they extras of the same thing?  If so, store them somewhere else, doesn't have to be in the bathroom.

What type of stuff IS it?

corticosteroid
by on May. 26, 2017 at 11:01 AM

Get some tackle boxes and organize and label them, and keep the stuff in a closet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 26, 2017 at 11:02 AM

Are you using it?  That stuff doesn't last forever.  Make a point to use it up, it'll take awhile but at least it wont be wasted.

TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on May. 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Pinterest
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on May. 26, 2017 at 11:15 AM

there's like a million ideas for storage on pinterest. i suggest you start there.

kiwiskiwi29
by on May. 26, 2017 at 11:17 AM
There are tons of things you can buy for storage. Try looking online. There are millions of ideas out there on how to make storage in small spaces. I'm sure you can find something.
Verrine
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2017 at 11:19 AM

You've got to get rid of some of that stuff since you don't have space. Try Freecycle. I understand wanting to keep makeup and beauty stuff. 

We have hoarder tendencies, more so DH, but me also. We have a small house and rent a storage place, which I think is stupid. DH is redoing the basement and will also build a shed. He thinks that all the stuff from storage will fit in the house and we will be able to use the basement as a family room. Not happening. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)