Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Special Snowflake Entitled

Posted by on May. 26, 2017 at 6:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
Do you think these terms are used to shut down legitimate complaints or people trying to assert themselves and their rights? Do you think being "accused" of such can keep a person from asserting themselves?
by on May. 26, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 26, 2017 at 6:12 PM
I think it's an overused saying and people use it when they want a dig that will annoy the parent
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on May. 26, 2017 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes to both questions. There are times when people are being entitled, but very often those terms and accusations are made at marginalized people who speak about their oppression. It makes people who belong to the oppressive group uncomfortable, so they go to any length to not hear it. 

kjb1984
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2017 at 6:17 PM

YES.

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I see it being used to demean someone else's parenting choices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM

It irritates me when the far right calls the younger, educated generation snowflakes.   This group of young people were brought up in a different way where voicing their opinions and injustices is something that they do.  They are not clones of their parents, which is a good thing.   They are progressive.   I am in my 50s and I have a millennium who is very outspoken about things.   We may not always agree, but she is not entitled and she is not a snowflake.     If someone called her a snowflake, it would make her MORE assertive.  I do not believe the majority of those who call people snowflakes have a legitimate concern.  I think they are extremely ignorant or uneducated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 26, 2017 at 6:24 PM
Absolutely.
It's aninsult to keep people feeling bad about advicating for typically needs, not wants.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)