Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh my god, really people?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

We were out on the pier today fishing and a man who was fishing a little ways down from us caught a string ray on his line. There are tons of rays swimming in the water around the pier. It went after his bait, got hooked and the guy had to real him in and get the hook out of his mouth so they could release him. Moments before they threw him back in, after they had released the hook, I was able to snap a picture of him. He was an estimated 50-60lbs. They threw him back in and I uploaded the pic to Facebook.

People assumed that I had no intention of throwing him back in or that he was out of the water for ever (the whole thing took like 6 minutes tops. I got cussed out over a damn picture. I could see if I had posted "look at my pet stingray!" Or something.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
-White.Rabbit-
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 6:31 PM

Did you put a description with the pic and people chose to ignore or did you just post the pic without a description?

Love2sonshines
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2017 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Reason 2,584,109 to not have Facebook

Cool plc
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on May. 26, 2017 at 6:41 PM

That's right up there with the morons who started whining about "cultural appropriation" by the burrito ladies... why do people don't get all the facts before babbling judgments?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 6:50 PM
Dh and I were pier fishing in Florida years ago, and a guy near us was pulling in hammerhead after hammerhead. They looked like those cute squeaky bath toys for kids, so I took a picture (with permission) before he released it and put it on my LiveJournal (pre-FB years) with the story of that night. I got so many odd comments like 'you didn't keep it, did you?' and 'how cruel! That's a shark, not a mackerel!' That showed me that no one reads the descriptions of pictures I post. 11 years later, they still don't. People are dense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)