Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that is now ruined!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
DH and I got a boat a month ago. We put the boat at a marina a mile from our house. We live on an island, but because of work schedules, we havent had much interaction with our community.

The past two weeks we have met a lot of marina people, and the owners. Every one has been so nice and it's been fun. We have been excited to stay the night on the boat and hang out.

Tonight we stayed and had some beers with some people. We were having fun, talking about family, jobs, life in general.

Then, all of a sudden, the N word started coming out and a lot of derogatory homosexual remarks. Then the owner of the marina says, "I wont let a N rent a slip from me, they don't belong here"

Why did they have to ruin it by being racist Assholes!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:55 PM
People suck. Time for a new marina. Or could you store it at your home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 9:56 PM
We have a pier, but our water isn't deep enough. I'm so sad that we will be leaving because they are idiots.

Quoting halleys_mommy_1: People suck. Time for a new marina. Or could you store it at your home.
grokgrace
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:57 PM
🤢 that's awful. I'm sorry your fun was ruined by assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 9:59 PM
Ew. I would just avoid him if the location and the price is right. Racist people are everywhere. He just happened to let you know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:00 PM
I dont understand how they can feel that way,and talk that way in front of strangers.

Quoting grokgrace: 🤢 that's awful. I'm sorry your fun was ruined by assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:01 PM
We literally were with 15 other people. All talking the same.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ew. I would just avoid him if the location and the price is right. Racist people are everywhere. He just happened to let you know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Oh well that is a deal breaker. Sorry

Quoting Anonymous 1: We literally were with 15 other people. All talking the same.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ew. I would just avoid him if the location and the price is right. Racist people are everywhere. He just happened to let you know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Im so sad.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh well that is a deal breaker. Sorry

Quoting Anonymous 1: We literally were with 15 other people. All talking the same.

shantylife
by New Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I live on a boat. Its wonderful in the winter when theres only 3 of us here. In the summer it can become a shitshow. Ive looked to move but have learned that the grass isnt always greener.

Is your island large enough that you have many choices? Rent a slip for a few weekend before you commit this time, just to be sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll find another place hopefully with decent people.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Im so sad.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh well that is a deal breaker. Sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)