Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I let my 2 year old drink soda

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 178 Replies
As a treat, once a week. My husband drinks it once a week for his cheat meal so I let her have a small glass with him. She loves it! Who else let's their toddlers have soda? I know I'm not the only one.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheloveearth
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:54 PM
Horrible... but do you...
Idkmyscreenname
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:55 PM
I used to put soda in my kids bottles. They survived, have all their teeth, aren't obese.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 26, 2017 at 9:55 PM
My daughter snuck a taste once and that was the end. She said the bubbles bothered her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2017 at 9:57 PM

I don't, it's going to be a long time before my kid has soda.

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2017 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont, but it could be worse. I drank out of my grandpa's cup when I was 3 or 4 (he got up to do something and I went over and took a drink before he caught me)? Can't remember how old I was but it tasted NASTY! Guessing it was whisky or something.
sweetfox3
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Soda in our family is a glass of carbonated water with or without a squeeze of lime or lemon. So my kids can have soda whenever. Speaking of which I need to get new cartridges for the soda stream.

They are allowed regular sodas but only if we are eating out. (Two are teenagers and the third is 8. I don't buy soda to keep in the house)
Foxilady
by Nymph on May. 26, 2017 at 10:02 PM
I don't give soda to my children.
They are given a glass of sugar aka chocolate almond milk as a treat.

They like sparkling mineral water
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Nope
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:05 PM
Right? I let my 9 year old and she's never even been overweight. In fact, shes small for her age, always has been for some reason. She still gets some once a week, too, since daddy treats himself to it.

Quoting Idkmyscreenname: I used to put soda in my kids bottles. They survived, have all their teeth, aren't obese.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2017 at 10:07 PM
My daughter apparently isn't bothered by it. She gulps it right down as soon as I hand her the cup!

Quoting wkukid: My daughter snuck a taste once and that was the end. She said the bubbles bothered her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)