Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My toddler has strep..please help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

My 22 month old daughter had red spots all over her body so I took her to the dr on Friday and they said she had strep throat/scarlet fever. He gave her a shot and said it should be over.

A few hours ago she was in her sisters room playing and she threw up. Now she has thrown up quite a few times to the point it is bile. It's really thick almost muscus like. The first time it wasnt though. She hasnt eaten much lately but we checked her temp and it was normal. Should I talk to her dr? I dont know if its one of those things where you need to call if new symptoms appaear or if it could be something else? Or just wait it out? She cries when she throws up but afterwards she seems okay. She goes back to watching cartoons until it happens again. Any advice would be appreciated!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Also we are giving her sips of water but she is satill vomiting anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:49 AM

Bump..I know its too early for you all to be asleep!!

I.C.U.P
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Whenever in doubt take her in. I'm a nurse, and honestly when it comes to children, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:51 AM
I wouldn't unless she is lethargic and dehydrated. She probably picked up another bug at the doctor's since she was already susceptible. Get some pedialyte and have extra sheets and blankets ready.
LuvMay2010
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:52 AM
Pedialyte should help keep her from getting dehydrated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:52 AM

Thank you!

Quoting I.C.U.P: Whenever in doubt take her in. I'm a nurse, and honestly when it comes to children, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I would take her to the ER now. I had a horrible scare with my youngest son a few years ago when he had strep. Within a few hours it had traveled to his left lung and he was hospitalized in the PICU for a month with a chest tube

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:53 AM

I was just telling my husband I am going to have so much laundry tomorrow! We have gone through a lot of towels and rags already. I'm also right behind her sanitizing everything just in case so no one else gets it!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't unless she is lethargic and dehydrated. She probably picked up another bug at the doctor's since she was already susceptible. Get some pedialyte and have extra sheets and blankets ready.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:54 AM

Omg! That is scary!

Quoting Sassy762:

I would take her to the ER now. I had a horrible scare with my youngest son a few years ago when he had strep. Within a few hours it had traveled to his left lung and he was hospitalized in the PICU for a month with a chest tube

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:54 AM
Poor baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)