Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your definition of...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Molestation

Can a child molest another child?

I feel as if I was molested as a child but my mother claims that since it was another child that did the act it is not molestation but just curiosity. 

I was five he was 6 nearly 7.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonblue
by Resident Psychic on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:14 AM

Yes, you definately can be, it isnt just curiosity if it is unwanted. It is sexual abuse. If a child stabbed or shot someone they still got stabed and shot... you were molested.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:17 AM
I think the age gap makes a difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:21 AM
I think n often when it's at a very young age it's because they are mimicking what they have seen, parents openly having sex in front of their children etc and they are emulating and think it's normal. I know of a little girl who's brother touched her she was 2 he was 4 and that was their situation. It's still molestation but I don't know that the intent is behind it at 4 actually I'm sure it's not. I'm not sure about 7 honestly it's really hard to even imagine , I'm sorry it happened to you.
Dragonblue
by Resident Psychic on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:24 AM

How so? If a 15 year old boy overpowered a 16 year old girl it wouldnt be anything? Even at their ages for a six year old girl to be forced by someone her age into any sexual act can be tramatizing. It would make a difference to you if you were raped by someone younger? It was totally wrong and it was probably humiliating and tramatizing for her espcially since it is still on her mind.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think the age gap makes a difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:28 AM
I get you but if a four or five year old was doing it their intentions probably weren't nefarious. They aren't craving power. Its a child being a jerk sexually. Little children do inappropriate things all the time but the intent isnt the same. I'm talking about small children here.

Quoting Dragonblue:

How so? If a 15 year old boy overpowered a 16 year old girl it wouldnt be anything? Even at their ages for a six year old girl to be forced by someone her age into any sexual act can be tramatizing. It would make a difference to you if you were raped by someone younger? It was totally wrong and it was probably humiliating and tramatizing for her espcially since it is still on her mind.

Dragonblue
by Resident Psychic on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:32 AM

Thats not always true. Little boys can be completely mean and degrading especially if they havent learnt empathy yet. I agree sometimes its harmless but thats usually consentual, she is saying it was not consenual so he would have had to be forceful to her in some way.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Molestation

I feel as if I was molested as a child but my mother claims that since it was another child that did the act it is not molestation but just curiosity. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:36 AM
I agree.

Quoting Dragonblue:

Thats not always true. Little boys can be completely mean and degrading especially if they havent learnt empathy yet. I agree sometimes its harmless but thats usually consentual, she is saying it was not consenual so he would have had to be forceful to her in some way.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Molestation

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:43 AM
I agree with you. Also, the child could be acting out what's been done to them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I get you but if a four or five year old was doing it their intentions probably weren't nefarious. They aren't craving power. Its a child being a jerk sexually. Little children do inappropriate things all the time but the intent isnt the same. I'm talking about small children here.

Quoting Dragonblue:

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:48 AM
Hmm. Good question. I mean, molestation is molestation regardless who does it I think?
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:13 AM

Obviously a child can molest another child but with one that young, 6 years old, there can be no intent, since they wouldn't even know what sex is or between right and wrong. Clearly the 6 year old would have to have been victimized to know anything about it, so both would be victims. I think you need to get over it, with counseling if you have to, and get on with your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)