Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wic use

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

There have been a few posts lately about WIC and FS. Help out some of our mamas who need to use them. What are some of your favorite recipes that use WIC ingredients, or, for FS, are just budget friendly?

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:03 AM
I can make a roast last at least two meals. I usually only get them though when a local store has them on sale and them then the huge ones. Roast beef over mashed potatoes and gravy with a veggie side and bread.

Bbq sandwiches and French fries

Red chilli or you can do green, and beans

Shredded beef tacos and rice
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:04 AM
Bump!
Dragonblue
by Resident Psychic on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:06 AM
I'm not sure what the ingredients are, but here's a bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:41 AM
WIC doesn't help you buy anything to make an actual meal. With the exception of boxes of cereal, which we eat on mornings when we both work and have to get the kids to a babysitter. You can also get peanut butter, milk, juice, the most horrible, dry bread that is the equivalent of cardboard, fresh, canned, or frozen veggies, eggs, and now you can get brown rice or whole wheat noodles, & yogurt. There's no way to make an actual meal for supper unless you only eat noodles with plain veggies or something like that. Or peanut butter sandwiches, but I cant stand the bread that can be bought. It seriously never gets moldy, it's so full of preservatives. Ick.
BlueButterflyPr
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:41 AM

I have no idea what you can get with those things. BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:47 AM
Our Kroger has roast beef on sale buy one get one free, and they were good sized ones too.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can make a roast last at least two meals. I usually only get them though when a local store has them on sale and them then the huge ones. Roast beef over mashed potatoes and gravy with a veggie side and bread.

Bbq sandwiches and French fries

Red chilli or you can do green, and beans

Shredded beef tacos and rice
mrsary
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:48 AM
Nothing. Back when I was on WIC a decade ago it was milk, eggs, cereal, peanut butter, and formula.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:51 AM

You can't make reg meals with WIC or FS ingredients?  Why do you need special recipes for them?

JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Peanut butter sandwich
Egg and cheese sandwich

Maybe and omelette since you can get some veggies now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:52 AM
Bimbo whole wheat bread is good and soft.

Quoting Anonymous 2: WIC doesn't help you buy anything to make an actual meal. With the exception of boxes of cereal, which we eat on mornings when we both work and have to get the kids to a babysitter. You can also get peanut butter, milk, juice, the most horrible, dry bread that is the equivalent of cardboard, fresh, canned, or frozen veggies, eggs, and now you can get brown rice or whole wheat noodles, & yogurt. There's no way to make an actual meal for supper unless you only eat noodles with plain veggies or something like that. Or peanut butter sandwiches, but I cant stand the bread that can be bought. It seriously never gets moldy, it's so full of preservatives. Ick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)