Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, tetanus just doesn't automatically 'appear'

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

out of the blue and  show up on surfaces, like CARPET TACKS OR RUSTY OBJECTS

FFS

It is a toxin SPORE, which is grown in an environment that has no oxygen.  Like horse dung. 

Tetanus does NOT AUTOMATICALLY  appear on rust, or grow on rust - the spore HAD to be present to do that...

GET IT??

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this

Calm down, it's just the internet.....No need to lock up those caps

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM

the more you know

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

You seem to take this all very seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Seriously? Do people not understand that tetanus is a bacteria? Obviously it has to be there to infect you.

I understand people thinking that the bacteria grows on rust because that's what we've always been told (yes I know it is wrong). But I can't believe people don't know that it is a bacterial infection.
lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:23 AM
You sound very bothered by this. Tetanus spores are everywhere in the environment but thrive in damp and warm areas. The bacteria they cause in the body is most easily spread through puncture wounds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:24 AM
The bacteria actually forms once the tetanus spores enter the body.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Seriously? Do people not understand that tetanus is a bacteria? Obviously it has to be there to infect you.

I understand people thinking that the bacteria grows on rust because that's what we've always been told (yes I know it is wrong). But I can't believe people don't know that it is a bacterial infection.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:26 AM

It is found in dust.  I can post some links to help you better understand if you would like 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:27 AM
Uh the spores are still the bacteria. Spores are part of the tetanus lifecycle.

Quoting Anonymous 4: The bacteria actually forms once the tetanus spores enter the body.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Seriously? Do people not understand that tetanus is a bacteria? Obviously it has to be there to infect you.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:28 AM

...leaving this thread to check out the other one...some juicy drama must have erupted since the last time I check in...

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM
I think the point is most rusty things also contain dirt, which is why if you pierce your skin on something rusty, dirt gets pushed in and can lead to tetanus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)