Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm tired of this crap. It's been going on for 13 yrs. (really really long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
In march of 2003 I was 19. I broke up with my then boyfriend. In April I met a guy and had what I thought was going to be a one night stand. In may my ex boyfriend died and I found out I was pregnant in June. We live in a small town. My ex's mother found out I was pregnant and she went to my parents house and told them she demanded to be part of the child's life because her son is the father.

My parents told her that Mr. one night stand is the father. They had to force her to leave. Throughout the years she's done some shady things. She found out when I was in labor and showed up at the hospital and told all the nurses that she was the grandmother. She showed up before my own mother did. I had to call security. When my dd was 2, Mr. One night stand and I got married. After the wedding we were walking to the car and she was outside and told him that she wanted a paternity test.

When my dd was around 4 we were at the local 4th of July celebration at the park. Dd was running around with a bunch of kids. I lost track of her and went looking for her. I couldn't find her anywhere. All the parents were walking around the playground yelling her name. I walked toward the entrance of the park which is about 15 feet from the playground equipment. Right there on a bench was dd and my ex's mother. She told me she was just trying to get to know dd better. I freaked out.

It's been quiet a few years. I haven't heard from her or anything. Dd joined the co-ed soccer team at school. There's a boy on the team and at practice yesterday he told dd that his grandmother explained how they're cousins but it's a family secret. Dd asked me what the kid was talking about. I sent my ex's sister a message on fb asking her if she knew what was going on with her son. She told me that her mother has a lawyer and is going to see if she can legally force me to get a paternity test for dd.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Get the paternity test done with your husband, and then take the results, get a restraining order, and have both sent to the crazy grandma wanna-be.  It's very simple, non-invasive and will put a stop to the shenanigans.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:59 AM

She won't be able to; There are very VERY few grandparental rights awarded in this country and generally those are pretty unique circumstances that involve the death of the parents and custody being awarded to people who are NOT the grandparents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't help but wonder if there is some truth to what the woman is saying, otherwise why wouldn't you have done a test with Mr. One night by now?  Obviously you're afraid she's right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Damn. I'd probably get one just so the crazy lady would leave me alone.
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM

She won't be able to legally force you to get a paternity test... but if she keeps this crap going, you sure can get a restraining order against her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM
I'm surprised you didn't get a petermity test immediately after birth. Either the woman is your child's grandmother - at which I can't blame her for wanting a relationship with the only link to her deceased son - or she isn't and you can put this behind you.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM
Just get the fucking paternity test. Should have fine it right away Shi the poor woman would have let go. Her child died and she lost it. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:02 PM

so one up her, go get the test, and bring the results to court, along with the paperwork for a restraining order...

TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Are you absolutely sure it's not the exs? Also she probably hasn't dealt with her grief and if she's thinking it could be his you can't blame her for wanting to know and be involved. If you prove it's not his she'll possibly leave you alone and you won't have to deal with her
TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Are you absolutely sure it's not the exs? Also she probably hasn't dealt with her grief and if she's thinking it could be his you can't blame her for wanting to know and be involved. If you prove it's not his she'll possibly leave you alone and you won't have to deal with her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)