Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else's mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Suck at being a grandma? My mom is in town visiting and the longer she's here, the more I'm seeing that she sucks at being a grandma. She yelled at my two year old for throwing up on the couch. Gee maybe she shouldn't have given him three bottles of chocolate milk? She just complains about my kids constantly. I feel like telling her to leave. Even dh told me she's never staying with us again. You would think she would be kinder to them since she never sees them! I'm so sick of her. I think when she leaves I'm going to cut her out of my life and my kids life.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Why wait? Tell her to fuck off right back to Cuntland at your earliest convenience. Revv up that old flaming twat of hers and just GO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Ugh she'll sulk and somehow guilt trip me and then I'll end up feeling crazy. UGH I CANT STAND HER

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Why wait? Tell her to fuck off right back to Cuntland at your earliest convenience. Revv up that old flaming twat of hers and just GO.

Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

She's not used to being around young children. She doesn't know what to expect from them. Mediate the visit, don't let her give him 3 bottles of chocolate milk, help her learn how to react better, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM

My mother is a bitch from hell, who still tries to be controlling of me.  She acts like I'm a 14-year-old babysitting someone else's family.  Um, I'm over 40 and have given birth to all of my children.  She adopted because she couldn't have children (she's one of those people who should have taken the hint).  My children refer to her as satan.  That should tell you something.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

She's got you totally fucked up no doubt from years of grooming, gaslighting, and guilt-trips. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. You don't owe her a single thing just for birthing you. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ugh she'll sulk and somehow guilt trip me and then I'll end up feeling crazy. UGH I CANT STAND HER
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:10 PM

My mom shoudl never have been a mom. She's a horrible grandmother.

WildWonder
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:13 PM
I always joke with DH that our parents had kids just so they could be grandparents one day. They're all amazing with dd. She actually slept over at my in laws last night. She texted me pictures of the cinnamon rolls they made from dhs grandma's old recipe.

Sorry your mom is like that. Do you think she just needs some guidance about being around small children again? Like don't load then up on sugar and get mad when they puke.

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:14 PM
My mom is a better grandmother than she is a mother. I know I can never count on her for emotional support or spending time with me though I know she loves me. My daughter adores my mom and my mom spoils her rotten. I think it boils down to responsibility. Catholics are supposed to have kids so she did but she told me that she never wanted kids.
caito
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't see eye to eye on how to raise kids. My brother and I turned out decent, but I'm not raising my two like she raised us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Lmfao! Yes, little girl, cut her completely out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)