Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 25 year old daughter is competing with a 35 year old woman.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

My daughter at the age of 20 started dating a 30 year old man. I was instantly upset thinking, what does a 30 year old man want with my 25 year old daughter? I kept telling her she needs someone her age. Someone in college with her, someone who wants to be something in life. She didn't take my advice.

Forward almost 6 years, she recently found out about 2 months ago he was in another relationship for 6 months behind her back. A 35 year old woman who almost looks like she can be my daughters mother. She was devastated when she found out. The older lady called her and told her everything. Even stalked her apartment when he was over trying to "make up".

My daughter isn't the same anymore. She's constantly comparing herself to this woman. Constantly putting herself down as if shes not worthy. She even looked up butt enhancement because she doesn't feel "womanly" enough. Whats even worse is this she took this ASSHOLE back. I keep telling her she's going to drive herself crazy being with this guy and comparing herself to this woman.

I don't know what else to do. I feel like I'm losing my daughter. I'm so afraid for her because I KNOW he will hurt her again. More than likely with the very same woman! What makes the whole thing even sicker, they both asked her at one point and time if she would like to move in with them. 

What do I do, mommies? Will my daughter eventually snap out of it and realize this guy is a real loser and these two are not worth her time.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM
4 moms liked this
Hopefully she dumps the jerk but you have some really weird issues about age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Your daughter needs to fall on her face the good old fashioned way...he's just using her for sex and an ego boost. She needs to leave that other woman alone before she snaps and she ends up dead...watch the id channel when men move on to younger prettier women
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM

Well I been through things at a young age that I do not ever want for my daughter.

Quoting VegetaPrincess: Hopefully she dumps the jerk but you have some really weird issues about age.

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No, that doesn't explain it. You have a 25 year old daughter and you're acting like a 35 year old woman is old.

Were you under 10 years old when you had your daughter? Is that why this woman seems so old to you?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Well I been through things at a young age that I do not ever want for my daughter.

Quoting VegetaPrincess: Hopefully she dumps the jerk but you have some really weird issues about age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM
She is 25.
A grown woman.
Let her figure this one out, copter-mom.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM

Today on TrollTown Family Fracas...

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM
He was with the daughter first.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your daughter needs to fall on her face the good old fashioned way...he's just using her for sex and an ego boost. She needs to leave that other woman alone before she snaps and she ends up dead...watch the id channel when men move on to younger prettier women
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this
A woman 10 years older looks old enough to he her mother? Come on...
silvermermaid
by Allison on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't blame you for being upset. If I had a daughter, I wouldn't want that for her either. I wouldn't want it for my son either. We all want better for our kids, we all want them not to make mistakes, but unfortunately, they do make mistakes and they will and we can do our best to guide them, but some stuff they have to figure out on their own, especially when they are an adult (age 18 and over).

I get it, though. I'd be upset too. :/ Hugs, Mama.
rachel216
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:25 PM
The age difference between them isn't bad. Anyway back off and let her figure it out, just offer advice when she's asks. He sounds like a total douchebag hope she sees that soon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)