Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like whole wheat pasta?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Me and my kids are very obese and I'm trying to make changes...whole wheat pasta is so gross to me it has that grainy texture.. I can't get over it...what do I do? I'm also switching our bread to whole wheat and I'm trying to buy more fruit and some veggies but my daughter is autistic and she literally throws up of a vegetable touches her mouth...over tried everything. I hid very soft mushy cauliflower in her white rice and she could tell it was there and vomited. I gave her the green juice and she vomited the juice as well.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:29 PM

I don't like the whole wheat pasta,  but that vegetable-infused pasta is wonderful, I think it's called Super Greens or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Whole weat pasta will not make a huge difference. If you really hate it, keep eating the normal one but 1/4 of a portion of what you were eating before. Or just cut off all pasta and stick to proteins and veggies.
As far as your daughter, maybe try making "drawings" with the food in her plate, making the different colors and shapes look like a bunny, or a dog or whatever. I don't know her age, so I am not sure that could help but it definitely helps to make my kids eat more veggies
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, pasta is pasta so I just wouldn't eat it if I were obese. Whole wheat pasta is still full of carbs and calories. I would nix the bread as well.

A good sub for pasta is zuchinni noodles.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:33 PM
Give up the pasta if you want to lose weight
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:34 PM
No its so gross
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:35 PM
This

Quoting SergeantSausage: Honestly, pasta is pasta so I just wouldn't eat it if I were obese. Whole wheat pasta is still full of carbs and calories. I would nix the bread as well.

A good sub for pasta is zuchinni noodles.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:37 PM
Use spaghetti squash in place of noodles if you must eat pasta. Omg. So good.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Yes. Honestly though, you should cut out pasta. We make zucchini noodles and prefer them. Can you tell your DD they're just green and not actual veggies?
belle2780
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM
I can only eat whole wheat pasta or the super greens. Regular pasta sets me into a panic attack for some reason as does white bread. As far as the veggies, does she like them raw. My oldest is on the spectrum as well and he prefers raw veggies over cooked. His favorite snack is celery with peanut butter and raisins or carrots and dip. He also likes to eat tomato slices and pickle slices together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)