Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q for parents whose hs child has Lettered

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
Did they do a letterman's jacket? Or letterman sweater?

DD lettered freshman year… But the jackets & sweaters simply are not done much here. She wants to buy a cute jean jacket and sew the letter onto that.

It just made me wonder if letterman's jacket & sweaters are a thing people do any more.

Edit.... people keep telling me to let her do what she wants. No where did I say I wasn't allowing her to choose what she wants to do with her letter.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:14 PM
We had lettermans jackets and they were popular, but no one had a sweater. I honestly didn't even know those were a thing.

Ultimately it's her choice. She's the one who would be wearing it.
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:17 PM
5 moms liked this
My husband, Danny Zuko, had a lettersweater once.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:18 PM
It's HUGE here in Texas, at least in the Houston area. And it's jackets not sweaters down here.

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:19 PM
I lettered in a couple of things. I have lettermans jacket, but I used to wear a pull over hoodie that we put a letter on that I wore everyday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:19 PM
Neither of my boys got a jacket for their letter. I've never seen anyone wearing a jacket with a letter on it since my kids have been in high school 7 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:20 PM
It's a big deal here. However my child is like it me and chose not you get a jacket we both thought they were ugly and knew it would be a waste since we would never wear it. And no she didn't know my opinion on it or that I opted out as well until later lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Hey neighbor!

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's HUGE here in Texas, at least in the Houston area. And it's jackets not sweaters down here.

squeekers
by squeekers on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM
DD lettered in two things and they are both on her jacket. She also has her name & band accolades.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM
Oh man I haven't seen one of those things in at least a decade, if not longer. They are so ugly and tacky.

Lol I didn't even know "getting lettered" was a phrase.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:28 PM
My kids didn't want the jacket so they were tucked away in their files.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)