Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vaginal birth after multiple c-sections?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

Has anyone had a vaginal birth after multuiple c-sections?

I have had 3 c-sections , my first one was due to not dilating but the two after were just what the doctor recommended due to me having a c-section before. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with baby number 4 and am seriously considering a vaginal birth. I have 2 toddlers and with a newborn it is going to be very difficult to care for them all being cut open.  My husband can only take a week off work and I will not be healed enough from a c-section to deal with 2 toddlers and a newborn by myself half the day 

Just to be clear my youngest is 2, I see some people misunderstood what I wrote and think i currently have a newborn and am pregnant again.  As far as risk go I know all about them and do plan on discussing them with the doctor but I have also done research, I have read articles and watched youtube videos by women who have had multiple c-sections and later had a succesful VBAC. One of them involved twins and another involved  a home unmedicated birth. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
With the pregnancies that close together I doubt that will be allowed. They wanted 3 years between my csection and vbac. They let it slide because it was 2 years 10 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:46 PM
I doubt they will allow it. Your kids are too close together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:48 PM
How long does it take you to heal? I've had two and was fine after a week. Did you have complications?
drsclara88
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:49 PM
I had 2VBA2C, but most Dr's won't do it after 3, especially not that close together.
squeekers
by squeekers on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:49 PM
Remembering back 20+ years, I remember my OB/GYN say a VBAC is difficult but doable.
WaterorWine
by Wino on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:52 PM
I'm pro Vbac if you're a "GOOD CANDIDATE", you dont meet that criteria, sorry :(

my SIL had a vbac after 2 Csections, no prior vaginal births and her uterus ruptured. they both almost died :-/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:55 PM
If you have a newborn and you're already pregnant is going to be nearly impossible to find a truly vbac friendly Dr to take you on as a vbac possible pregnancy. You might find one will pretend to be, then give impossible requirements for your pregnancy, and find an excuse to perform an rcs. The requirement for every Dr and midwife I have heard of is you must be at least one year postpartum, most require two years between birth and pregnancy.

I don't even understand why you chose to immediately get pregnant back to back after multiple CS like that. It's a much bigger risk for CS moms to have children so close. The fresher a uterine scar is the more likely it is to open, or hemmorage, as the uterus begins to expand, even if the incision were low and transverse. Even vaginal birth moms are asked to wait at minimum a year between pregnancies.

There are other requirements your​ pregnancy would have to meet as well, best of luck.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
No doctor will allow a Vbac if you have a new born. The risk of uterine rupture is too great. Congrats on baby #4, but prep for another section.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:59 PM

My OB told me after my second C-section that any other babies would have to be C-section too. Too risky and not worth it. He did say that the longer I waited for another baby, the safer it was. So I don't think any good doctor would allow a VBAC when you just had your third C-section.

MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:09 PM
I wouldn't be interested in VBAC. The advantages don't outweigh the risks the way I see it. I'd be so terrified of a rupture.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)