Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Play date 7 yr old stay or drop off?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:12 PM
  • 15 Replies
My 7 yr old has a play date coming up with his classmate. I don't know the parents so what do you usually do? Stay or leave? I will bring him inside myself.
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:13 PM
I would drop off. I've never stayed for a playdate at any age
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I would stay for a while until I felt comfortable.
ardan85
by Ardan on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:15 PM
I agree. Let them have their playtime. If you are not comfortable I wouldn't send them in the first place.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:16 PM
I'm fine just wasn't sure what everyone else did.

Quoting ardan85: I agree. Let them have their playtime. If you are not comfortable I wouldn't send them in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:17 PM

It would depend on how well I knew the parents, how long it would take me to get back if I was needed and what the other parents had planned.

lizzig
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:18 PM

for parents i don't know i've stick around for a bit, chatting, doing a visible inspection of home (no creepy crawlies out & about, etc)  if i felt comfortable then i'd leave & let them have fun.  thankfully never ran into a situation where i didn't feel comfortable leaving the kids.  not sure how i would have handled that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:21 PM
I would go in for a few minutes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:23 PM
Go in for a min to do a quick hello and ask what time i should pick up. Generally I handle that before hand though and just get it over with in the original conversation. Or if I invite I say hey can so and so come over from this time you can pick up or I'll drop off at this time. Let's them know in advance they are off the hook and it's way less awkward.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:25 PM
Same here I mean how awkward would that be. I mean do you lie and say o I'm sorry something just came up and invite the kid to your house later or what. Ugh I hope I never end up in that situation lol

Quoting lizzig:

for parents i don't know i've stick around for a bit, chatting, doing a visible inspection of home (no creepy crawlies out & about, etc)  if i felt comfortable then i'd leave & let them have fun.  thankfully never ran into a situation where i didn't feel comfortable leaving the kids.  not sure how i would have handled that.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:28 PM

I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my child with a parent I didn't know.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)