Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think a man can be with you but not really be in love?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

I've been with someone for almost 7 months now.  We have a mutual friend and the friend told me that my boyfriend told him that he doesn't really find me physically attractive and he loves me but is not in love with me. He loves my heart and how sweet and genrous I am and thats what made him fall for me. I give this man the world. I do anything for him and  give him everything so I am honestly hurt right now. I dont know if I should cut it off with him. how can this man sleep with me every night be with my every day and not be in love? im disgusted. Our mutual friend even told me he honestly believe hes still in love with his ex of 6 years.

okay everyone is asking if i trust this man that told me these things. i absolutely do. hes a kind honest man hes attracted to men (so he has no motive) and we were actually friends first.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

So basically he's just settling with you until someone better comes along....what a piece of shit. You have such a good heart but he doesn't care if he hurts you. It's time to end this and burn the bridge to the ground. 

MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely, they can. 

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM

I would never make any decision about my relationship based off of what someone else said.

Talk to him. I mean... honestly think about this. How much do you love him if you're considering cutting things off with him based upon hearsay?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM
I'd start distancing myself and preparing for a break-up. But that's just how I roll.

You could always ask your boyfriend what's up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM
It happens everyday on here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I say dump the mutual "friend". Also please realize a lot of people in great relationships are not "in" love, some people have never experienced that at all or don't know how to define that. Love of any kind is a wonderful thing. If you feel happy that's all that matters. Don't let words or a label destroy your good feelings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM

I asked him. All he can say is "stop" and denierd it I even asked about his ex and he said he will always love her cause the history.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM
Yes. Everyone wants to be loved and treated well. It's better if you love them too but having someone that you enjoy and they love you is better than nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM
ya no I'd talk to him then leave.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Usually i question why people tell me things others have said about me. I assume they're stirring up shit for some purpose not in my interests. By all means ask your bf but understand this could be taken out of context and/or your friend may have motives you don't know. I have been with men that aren't attractive physically but i love them for reasons other than that so i can overlook the physical.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)