Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kindle Fire Users, Help Me Out!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, so I am looking into buying a Kindle Fire soon. The biggest thing I use a tablet for is to write and when I start school, for school work. Are there any word processor apps that are either free or inexpensive? I would need one that is compatible with Word so that I can switch my documents back and forth. I do have a bluetooth keyboard for it as well. I'm using an ipad right now but I'm thinking of switching.

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:13 PM
I have a fire, I use it only for fun, I wouldn't use it for school
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM
I wouldn't use a Kindle for that.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Same here.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: I have a fire, I use it only for fun, I wouldn't use it for school
MountainMomma3
by Sound of Madness on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:25 PM
A Kindle Fire isn't ideal for that.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:27 PM
I don't I'd choose a Kindle for that purpose.
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:28 PM
You are barking up the wrong tree for that. You will be bitterly disappointed
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:29 PM
A Kindle Fire is great for games and reading, but I personally wouldn't use it for documents. You need a laptop of desktop for that with a real keyboard.
Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:55 PM

I actually figured this out on my own, lol. I forgot my mother had a kindle fire so I just borrowed hers for a few minutes. It worked perfectly with my keyboard and there is a word processing app built in that is compatible with word. It is actually less of a pain to transfer documents than my iPad. It's the same word processer that I have on my phone actually so I've used it before. 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I found this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdThread=Tx1PVC4N7LOIUN2

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:31 PM
Yeah like the others I wouldn't use my kindle for that. I scored a cheap laptop from bestbuy for school. It runs slow sometimes but it does what I need it to do. You will have to buy office software separately. They don't come loaded with it anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)