Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had a female friend that copies you ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Like single white female type of thing?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:02 PM

Not as stalker scary as the movie but yes. It drove me crazy and was made worse by the whole "it's a compliment". No, it's not. It's annoying and if you are that unoriginal that you have to copy someone else's every little thing maybe you should go out and find yourself instead. 

I am having a bad damn day. 

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:05 PM

how did it stop?stupid question but are you still friends?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Not as stalker scary as the movie but yes. It drove me crazy and was made worse by the whole "it's a compliment". No, it's not. It's annoying and if you are that unoriginal that you have to copy someone else's every little thing maybe you should go out and find yourself instead. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM

I have to laugh because my roommate in college did! It was crazy! If my RM (roomate) bought something Crazy Girl (CG) would go out and buy the exact same one. They went to Europe and RM was so annoyed by the end of the trip (study abroad) because literally CG would buy the same shirt/souvenirs ect.  I've known CG too through RM and she just worships RM because 'oh my gosh her body is so perfect' or her hair is so 'amazing'. Granted RM is a knock out but I swear that girl was nuts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Not stupid at all! It stopped a while after we drifted (i did the drifting in full speed) apart, She was my friend on facebook for a while but i don't think we are anymore. She was still dressing like me and cut her hair the way i did a few months after i stopped contact. I've had that happen after that with a different person but it was more like a "oh you got a haircut? I got the same one for $10 less!". More of a one upper/copier situation. The first one was more annoying. 

Quoting quinnsmom715:

how did it stop?stupid question but are you still friends?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:12 PM

Oh and yes they stayed friends for awhile because RM ended up dating CG's brother in law for a couple years. After the break up though RM hardly ever talks to her because CG just is OCD and over the top about everything and RM can't stand it. Ironically CG lives near me and RM lives across the country. I have never made any effort nor would I want anything to do with CG. 

HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:13 PM
Yes, two females. One would always copy my house decorating right down to the table settings,drapes, furniture. It was annoying, apparently she likes my house lol. It was strange!
Another woman would buy the same clothes as me. Drove me crazy. Once she even wore the same gown to a wedding we both attended.

We finally moved, so we lost touch and it was fine with me!
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Bothers the hell out of me... She even goes as far as saying " OMG! I do too! We're like the same person!"

What? I just said I liked toast...everybody likes toast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:20 PM
My ex best friend always had to have whatever I had. If I bought a new car, she would buy one. If I bought new living room furniture, she would buy some. Anytime I bought myself or my kids new clothes, she would do the same for her kids or herself. Then it got to where she would ask what I was making for dinner so she could make the same thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM
Oh yes! And she drove me insane. We're no longer friends.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:34 PM

Not really, no.

My bestie & I have very similar tastes, so we like a lot of the same things & end up buying similar things. We even accidentally ended up with identical glasses. We also, unknowingly bought identical tops. We sometimes enjoy intentionally dressing similarly, like we'll both wear floral dresses or our matching skirts. Sometimes, we end up accidentally dressing similarly, like we both end up wearing black & white, polka dot dresses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)